Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Red Kite

It's a real thrill to capture an image of one of these beauties James ...especially  when in your garden ... Super capture .....I've only done it once  away from the feeding areas in Wales, when once flew overhead  in Worcestershire  last year .... just lucky to have had my camera on hand in the garden  like you   but it's great that they are becoming more common east of  the Welsh borders now ... They seem to be growing in numbers along the M 4 corridor and your neck  of the woods in Oxfordshire  now ....What were you shooting with James ? 

By the way   just seen some old cameras in lots for an online Auction  in a few days at Wotten under Edge and thought of you ....😉 

in case you or anyone is interested... Lot 615, 616 and 618...

https://www.wottonauctionrooms.co.uk/catalogue/d16ba2e3734ed985a9bcff93edafe716/788167bda1bc670dc0c9849c1459e149/three-day-sale-of-antiques-collectables/?currentPageNo=9

Thanks everyone.

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

What were you shooting with James ? 

The usual "birding" set up of Canon 70D and Sigma 150-600. I'm only about 30 miles (as the kite flies) from where they were re-introduced at Aston Rowant about 30 years ago so they are quite abundant here. I have seen as many as half a dozen at a time along the street. They do seem to be spreading right across the country, but fairly slowly.

On 26/06/2021 at 18:39, JamesT said:

Thanks everyone.

The usual "birding" set up of Canon 70D and Sigma 150-600. I'm only about 30 miles (as the kite flies) from where they were re-introduced at Aston Rowant about 30 years ago so they are quite abundant here. I have seen as many as half a dozen at a time along the street. They do seem to be spreading right across the country, but fairly slowly.

And so they will if everybody keeps feeding them, James.

Thanks everyone.

Just had a really close encounter with one. I'd gone up the garden to dump the tea leaves in the composter and noticed an injured or sick juvenile starling that didn't fly off as I walked past. I intended to see if I could see anything obviously wrong on the way back, but I never got a chance. As I turned round a kite swooped in over my shoulder dived over the goosberry bush and took off again, with something in its talons (and no starling on the lawn).

20 minutes ago, johntwo said:

You would think that they would have the decency to stop and pose.  I occasionally go out in the back garden to find feathers all over the lawn but no sign of the perp.  

Probably cats in most cases.

I don't know if the starling had been injured by a cat, but if the kite hadn't got it then unless I'd got it into a box to recover, a cat would have had it.

Even if I'd had a camera I don't think I would have got a shot as the kite came from behind me and it was over in a split second almost before I realized what was happening.

• Like 1

Don't see many cats but I hear owls at night and we have Peregrine Falcons in the area which circle overhead during the day but always seem to have moved on by the time I've dashed in and grabbed a camera.

• 1 month later...