Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cruising the River Stort

Thought I would give this image a bit of a colour boost when processing it. it was taken ealier in the year on one of my solitary walks along the River Stort and was the first real sunny day of the year after what seemed a very long wet dull winter.

Nikon D7500-Tokina 11-16mm DXII.

Cruising the River Stort.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

That's a very nice typical English scene, I've always fancied a narrowboat life, the big downside would be a lack of a car....

Most , if not all the boat dwellers I have got to know over the years have cars. You have to move locations every two weeks, but the is always somewhere nearby to park your car, most have a bike to ride along the towpath to pick their cars up and move them.

Nice composition Denis.  We have always fancied a long boat but they are just too expensive for occasional use.  It's been the subject of discussion recently betwwen Sue and I.  We were wondering whether there will be a need to electrify their propulsion system as cars go that way.  Most use red diesel at the moment.  Concluded that we would need a steam engine running on smokeless fuel. :5_smiley:

Edited by johntwo
  • Haha 1

I would sell the house tomorrow and live on one. We got as far as looking at one for sale for £27,000 and while we both loved it, reality set in and realised that for our age we should have done it years ago and grown into it. It would be too much now with my hips and knees playing up as they have the last year :( 

12 hours ago, Denis said:

I would sell the house tomorrow and live on one. We got as far as looking at one for sale for £27,000 and while we both loved it, reality set in and realised that for our age we should have done it years ago and grown into it. It would be too much now with my hips and knees playing up as they have the last year :( 

Yeah ....Why is it hips and knees seem to  age at a much faster rate  than all my other faculties ... If only WD 40 worked  on our moving parts eh !:yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...