Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Your Time is up/your time isn’t up.

vanguard

Depression is a bloody awful thing to live with, isn't it Paul.  It can be so lonely.

Looking at these images makes me feel very uncomfortable, so you have caught the mood entirely, in my view.

Technically the second image is by far the more chilling.

I personally prefer the first image because having the face more out of view reflects that you know the demon is always there but can't quite ever make it out. It's like it's reaching its hand out to fill you with despair because that's what it feeds on.

Two very thought provoking images Van .....  It appears to be an articulated  mannequin that you have used  ( correct me if I'm wrong )  very effectively. Whilst we can consider the merits  of each image on the technical side I am far more interested in the response it  elicits  and the way it engages conversations about what has been a difficult topic in the past . With Mental Health  being acknowledged as  another  aspect of the result of deprivation of such long  isolation  of so  many people due to Lockdown, It's important  that any place where we can talk about it openly  should be encouraged  and has  got to be a positive thing . Thanks to Mark and Fogey    for your contributions to the thread ..... 

11 hours ago, Fogey said:

Depression is a bloody awful thing to live with, isn't it Paul.  It can be so lonely.

Looking at these images makes me feel very uncomfortable, so you have caught the mood entirely, in my view.

Technically the second image is by far the more chilling.

When I started this project years ago I’d decided I would confront the darkness of depression as I see it and was living it at the time. I felt the images had to have a uncomfortable feeling to them with some images bordering on horror. Thanks 

6 hours ago, Mark said:

I personally prefer the first image because having the face more out of view reflects that you know the demon is always there but can't quite ever make it out. It's like it's reaching its hand out to fill you with despair because that's what it feeds on.

You’ve read my images perfectly, thanks.

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

Two very thought provoking images Van .....  It appears to be an articulated  mannequin that you have used  ( correct me if I'm wrong )  very effectively. Whilst we can consider the merits  of each image on the technical side I am far more interested in the response it  elicits  and the way it engages conversations about what has been a difficult topic in the past . With Mental Health  being acknowledged as  another  aspect of the result of deprivation of such long  isolation  of so  many people due to Lockdown, It's important  that any place where we can talk about it openly  should be encouraged  and has  got to be a positive thing . Thanks to Mark and Fogey    for your contributions to the thread ..... 

As you can see my props are a bit limited lol long with my black work fleece, 2 tripods. I taped the hand and bar to one of the tripods with a sleeve of my fleece over the hand . The wife held the mask in position for me. this was all set up in our kitchen with the light off and used light from our living room to light the front. I use my Voigtlander 17.5mm set at f/0.95, started with  focus on just the finger tips and rolled the focus back just to get just enough of the mask to make it out.

everytime I add to this project and then share the images I’m glad it get people talking about depression. Thanks for the feedback.

8F7F110E-18B4-4B51-A09D-30C024ABC181.jpeg

4 hours ago, vanguard said:

You’ve read my images perfectly, thanks.

I've lived with depression my whole adult life (and teen years really) so I understand how it all feels all too well. I think you've done a good job of communicating depression in your images. I've explored my thoughts of depression in past years through poetry so we all have our projects.

Well done on POTW!

23 minutes ago, Mark said:

I've lived with depression my whole adult life (and teen years really) so I understand how it all feels all too well. I think you've done a good job of communicating depression in your images. I've explored my thoughts of depression in past years through poetry so we all have our projects.

Well done on POTW!

When I did my first image with the mask I’d called it pain behind the mask, I’d got the inspiration from a random poem I’d found on the internet. I can’t remember the poem now ,but I’d put the image on a forum and quoted the poem with it, I’d given credit to the poet if I’d known who had wrote it. Months later I received a email from a lady who had wrote the poem. And was really happy that someone had read her work and had taken inspiration from it. She put her suffering into words and I put mine into photos. I think it helped both of us at the time.

thanks

Archived