Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Powis Castle and Grounds. (Slideshow).

JohnP

42 minutes ago, Fogey said:

Some great photographs there, John.

Some music to accompany the slideshow would have been nice.

I wanted to add music but I don't think I have anything suitable. I will look into it further in due course.... Thanks!

Excellent!   The music was lively enough to keep you awake.......I loved the rhythm section periodically coming through, almost like a tattoo, which for a castle was appropriate.  The music had a finalé, which finished the show off nicely.   

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

In the next video you do, consider the transitions between each photograph.  Also consider an opening title screen and a credits screen at the end;  author of the photography, audio visual and the title and composer of the music.

If you look online there are a plethora of music clips specifically for A/V's either free or for a very modest donation.

John, when creating A/V's the natural thing to do is to load your images into the software first.

I would suggest loading the music up first.  The reason I say that is by doing so, you are forced to think about what it is you want to do and how you want to present your series of images.

If for example, you have a series of action shots, then a soft musical piece would be inappropriate - a sharp, snappy piece would be far more suitable.

Once the soundtrack  is loaded, then you have your timeline.....and that's important.  You cannot alter the length of the track unless you are a very skilled composer, it is far easier to alter the length of time the images are viewed to suit the sound track.

Now calculate how many images there could be shown for 10 seconds in a six minute timeline, for example.  So that's 36 images.  Now you also need a 1.5 to 2 sec transition between slides; at 1.5 seconds that is 54 seconds needed over 36 images.

So therefore, 36 images, shown at 8.5 seconds with a 1.5 sec transition should equate to six minutes.  Now all you have to do is to load your images and get them sorted how you want them and Bob's your uncle.

Some really  good advice there John ...     The order of the images   loaded to suit the music can make a huge difference to the feeling and emotions created ...  I hope you try some  more slide shows of  the  vast array of photos  I've seen on   your galleries  and show them  to us .... Well done on trying  out something new too ... 👍

Archived