Mars rover shots.

I found this earlier...it's stunning!  The shots were taken by the earlier Mars rover... Curiosity.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 1
  • JohnP changed the title to Mars rover shots.

Well.... I thought this is really fantastic considering the thousands of images that were taken and stitched together and sent millions of miles across space, it must have taken a long time for someone at NASA to clean up and stitch the images to make the video.

19 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

That's pretty cool, not seen that before.

It took over 4,000 people 8 years working to get these pictures across nearly 300 million miles of space... my mind boggles!

Edited by JohnP
1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

Have you watched the footage of the Perseverance Landing?

I watched it live on NASA TV.   We won't be seeing any HD images for a while as it takes quite some time doing all the system checks etc. I'm looking at NASA TV several times a day, looking forward to seeing some great images.

6 minutes ago, JohnP said:

I watched it live on NASA TV.   We won't be seeing any HD images for a while as it takes quite some time doing all the system checks etc. I'm looking at NASA TV several times a day, looking forward to seeing some great images.

I just found this.  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/this-really-is-the-surface-of-an-alien-world-nasa-shares-new-pictures-from-mars-landing/ar-BB1dU4J1?ocid=BingNews