Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

New Camera

Fogey

Ordered the camera and lens from different suppliers in Japan.  Both items were picked up by DHL on the 17th Feb - one was express delivery, the other standard.  Both arrived in the same delivery at 5pm today, 19th Feb.

Well pleased with the service, now all I have to do is discover how the camera works

Ummm!  It took me about 2 hours to get the damned strap on, but other than that it's fine.

I set the ISO to Auto and with the f stop at f/22 took a shot of the kitchen in Aperture Priority.  The ISO recorded ISO 6400 and when fully zoomed in, the noise was less than my 1.5 crop camera at ISO 1000, so I'm well pleased.

I was also pleased to see that there was a feature in the menu that allowed the format to be changed to DX, so I can use all my lenses without any degradation of the images.  I have yet to get to grips with the layout of the body as it's got more than one control wheel, some levers and a lot of buttons .  🥴

There is a whole parcel of questions I have to look up the answers to, so I shall be busy for the next couple of days.

4 hours ago, Fogey said:

There is one thing that really smacked me in the face and that is how much more there is in the frame

A 35mm film camera is basically the same as a full frame digital camera, I have a SLR and DSLR (APS-c) and I've used the same lens on both cameras, it's because on a aps-c camera you get a 1.6 crop effect, so on a full frame you're bound to get more in the frame....

Yes I understand that, Ryewolf.  It's just how the 1.6, (or in my case, 1.5), transposed visually on the screen that grabbed my attention.
So where I was taking 4-6 shots as a panorama to encompass a scene, the full frame will do it in one, maybe two shots.

I've yet to see how well this 20-300mm lens deals with distortion at 20mm but the manual tells me there is a lens correction that can be done in camera in 5 degree increments, which can be saved to the second SD card - and that's just scratching the surface.  I can't wait to really get stuck in to how this camera works.

Edited by Fogey