British Birds

Fogey

5 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

My Canon 90D has a built-in intervalometer allowing upto 999 images to be taken at preset defined intervals - never actually used yet

Like you I have not used the intervalometer on my Panasonic FZ2000 yet, hopefully when the lockdown ends I will give it a go. Mine goes up to 9999 images... I can't see me ever trying that though.... I think the battery would be dead before that many images were taken... 😀

It depends on the quality of image you take.  If you take raw images, then yes the battery would become an issue.

The cloud formation I photographed was taken with the smallest jpeg the camera had to offer - you don't need that much detail at 29 frames per second and the processor had more than enough time to digest each image as they were taken.

The bigger problem is the size and speed of the SD card.

On 16/02/2021 at 09:09, Ryewolf said:

My Canon 90D has a built-in intervalometer allowing upto 999 images to be taken at preset defined intervals - never actually used yet

I got a plug-in one for the 70D, think I used it once—to record bread rising.

That's a component that can't be interchanged with the EOS-3 as Canon's pro cameras use a different remote connector from the consumer models.