Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Testing Testing

JamesT

As I mentioned in the chat box, I took delivery of a "new" Canon EOS-3 last weekend. So of course here are a few from the first roll (HP5+) though it. A few from around town with the 28-80 lens that came with the camera:

King Alfred (again):

IMG_0003.jpg.704f297704465bd6a81b7b92e6ac4d0c.jpg

Betjeman Millenium Park

IMG_0007.jpg.d7c752ec3ccc03f67d05d05edf095369.jpg

Lock Lane (again):

IMG_0017.jpg.0cc63e54b72a26852c503d1a16be1452.jpg

And a couple with Canon lenses I already had:

Apple Bud (with the Tamron 180mm Macro lens, this one feels quite a bit more comfortable on the 3 than on the 70D).

IMG_0026.jpg.00969735b9f76ea296f74b69c151213c.jpg

And finally a starling in the plum tree through the kitchen window with the big Sigma (150-600).

IMG_0033.jpg.84e4d40ac02868ac1296bee675dbac70.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

An interesting set James. Hadn't realised that the camera would be so expensive.... just looked at the prices on eBay

This one was about the "typical" body-only price but with a lens, and appeared to be sound (and has so far been so). It was (along with the EOS-1 line) the top of the range film SLR (think 5-D). Introduced in 1998, the 45-point autofocus was not matched in the DSLR lines until, I think, the 5D MKIII. Interestingly the eye-focus has not yet been used in any digital camera, I've seen varying reports about how good it is, that's for the next roll as it needs to be calibrated. As far as the more normal autofocus goes I was more easily able to lock onto the starlings on the bird table than with the 70D which tends to snap to the washing line in front or the hedge behind -- they're still messy images so I didn't post those.

It has a really good reputation when it comes to that autofocus... locking on almost with magical precision. ..    look forward to  how good you find it ... seems already to have caught your attention . I shall follow with interest James ...

Archived