Lumb Falls

khm

This took some effort to down to...there a couple ways to this area but i chose to go down an extremely thickly iced cobbled path where crampons would've been ok!

_DSC4585-monochrome.jpg

• Like 1

It's pretty impressive that you managed to get into position to take this photo. It's a great photo and looks good in black and white. I looked up Lumb Falls and see its in Yorkshire.  Are the falls always frozen like that in winter?

11 hours ago, CMunzel said:

It's pretty impressive that you managed to get into position to take this photo. It's a great photo and looks good in black and white. I looked up Lumb Falls and see its in Yorkshire.  Are the falls always frozen like that in winter?

Not they're not...it's been a very cold spell that we don't get very often. Yes it was awkward climbing down to that spot....i struggled the first time last Autumn, this it was pretty hairy cause of the ice and a point where you don't care about clean cloths with kneeling and grabbing roots etc for safety!