Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Moving to full frame....

I 'may' be in the market for a new camera shortly.  I'm still using my EOS 50d from 2008 with a single lens, the ef-s 15-85mm.  

I want to go full frame. I shoot landscapes only.

My budget would be £1200 and so looking at the used market.

I'm leaning towards a 6dii with 17-40 F4L, which I could just do within that budget.  Looking at everything I have shot in the last few years I am almost always at 15 to 20mm on a crop body.

But, I am open to suggestions. My current lens wouldn't work full frame so I not invested in Canon.

Thanks all.

2 hours ago, MattGrey said:

90d is currently second choice if I don't go full frame.

I bought one earlier this year, just in time for all the lockdowns. But I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it, it also does 4k video, if that's something you'd need.

Video isn't a necessity. But it's handy to have I guess. My only concern is the number of pixels packed into an apsc sensor and how it would handle long exposures. I think its about 3 times the pixel density of the 6dii.  I'll need to look into it more.  My worries are based off the 50d and how noisy it is....perhaps my worries are out of date with how far sensors have progressed.

I went Full Frame in December, only the EOS 5D Mkii, but 21 Meg Pixel, I shoot all Canon L glass, so giving the sensor some good light, as always the Camera only records the image we give it, have not had a chance to get out much to see if full frame on the lenses suffers in any form.

I don't know what glass you use, but 5D mkii is only a couple of hundred quid, good glass I would spend the money on 

• Like 1

hmmmm...hadn't considered the 5dii.  I was planning at 17-40 F4L with the 6dii...But going with the 5dii I can still do the 17-40 and perhaps a 70-200 F4L.....and still be under budget....Thankyou....giving me something to think about now!   🙂 

I had a quick peek at the 5diii as I wrote this, didn't seem to warrant the extra cash over the 5dii.  A few more bells and whistles that I could do without.

6 hours ago, MattGrey said:

My only concern is the number of pixels packed into an apsc sensor and how it would handle long exposures.

I've used the 90D for long exposures and it seems to handle it pretty well, but I've only got my 100D and 800D to compare it with.

• Like 1

Shooting Astro any sensor gets hot on long exposure, but in out climate being fkin cold, the noise level is ok, Im new to the astro game, but take lots of images with bright dark etc to get the noise and then use stacking software, 5d Mkii 21 Meg Pixel, they say 20 is the threshold for astro, and really at its price, £200 for full frame its a great camera