Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yongnuo Twin Flash YN24EX (Pressie!)

Paul

My wife, daughter, mother-in-law and sister-in-law - who between the 4 of them pitched in and surprised me by buying me the Yongnuo ringflash as a Christmas pressie.

Hopefully this will help spread the light better than the ringflash I have been using (on the Venus lens loaned me by @Ryewolf - thanks again Geoff) especially with the home made diffusers and something I bought to add to the heads.

There is little to get photos of just now, but I took a few last night to see if the light evened out - so I have a bit of experimenting over the next few weeks as subjects offer themselves up in the insect world... The diffusion is quite large and can get in the way a bit but I hope it will be worth it in time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Paul.

So far so good Denis - early days yet but the test comes with shiny bodied insects - of which there are none around in January.

I was only expecting some whisky and slippers so this was a big surprise! It seems my lass remembered me looking at the flash some while back saying it looked good and the plan was hatched then!

Paul.

9 minutes ago, FUJI said:

That is one excellent bit of kit Paul..... don’t forget all the Springtails, `woof live and millipedes etc hiding under old logs and deep leaf litter...

FUJI

I've been looking since New Year and there have been no bugs! If the cold warms up I may find some, but it's still too cold to work at ground level...  :)

6 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

That's an interesting looking ringflash, be interesting to see the results with actual shiny bugs....

Thanks Geoff - I'm very lucky to have got it.

I had hinted at buying a new Venus but that seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I'm hoping the two items (yours and mine) will produce some better images in 2021.

Paul.

Archived