To infinity and beyond.......

.......well maybe that's overstating it a tad but this is my first ever venture into astrophotography. Could be sharper but I have taken worse. Wasn't sure where to place this on the forum - landscape/moonscape?

1005573954_IMG_8436(2).jpg.e74bbf95b730281741503f5ad704705a.jpg

The moon...THE MOON????

you mean you can see it...no clouds??  must be lucky living in Leicestershire :)

usual stuff, what lens, your ISO and other Camera settings, use of Tripod? lets see if we can help you get a little sharper image for the next time you have a clear night sky .

Oh yes, we have a little known micro climate here where the summer starts in Feb and ends in Jan......I wish! 

OK - here's the techno gibberish: Tamron 70-300mm, extended to 300mm. ISO 100 (keeping noise to a minimum) F6.3,  1/320 sec. Hand held but will def use a tripod next time. 300 mm lens and 1/320 sec in my shakey hands was always going to be risky. 🤪

Well those settings seem to be about right. I found that f11 worked well for me on my old Nikon 70-300 with the Nikon 200-500 I now use 5.6 too,

Conclusion: I think the tripod would help :)  these were my settings.

• ƒ/5.6
  • 480.0 mm
  • 1/500

'Pink' moon @ 11:10PM 7/4/2020

Edited by Denis
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denis said:

Well those setting seem to be about right. I found that f11 worked well for me on my old Nikon 70-300 with the Nikon 200-500 I now use 5.6 too,

Conclusion: I think the tripod would help :)

'Pink' moon @ 11:10PM 7/4/2020

That's an absolute stonker Denis!!!. I was too lazy to set my tripod up - won't make that mistake again.

It is a pain to get it out, unfold it, set the gimble up, mount the camera etc, but if you want a good image it is worth it mate :)

• Like 1