Dark Bush-crickets.

Here are some shots from my files. The first one is a female, the second is a male, I'm not sure about the third as I wanted to get as close as possible to see the face and I can't see it's rear end... 😁 I'm pretty sure it's a male.

1767039400_DarkBushCricket(female)1(2).jpg.1f036cf69385acec34dcabce430f6d88.jpg

1508257210_DarkBushCricket(male)2(2).thumb.jpg.a7cf2bf4b1ff0915d2c2e95c399e4c01.jpg

296630636_DarkBushCricket(male)4(2).jpg.8e6fd820a0c90927622c506a3e0f7aea.jpg

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 3

Ooooh ....😧  they all  look quite menacing John .  In #3   it looks positively confrontational.... you really were in it's face weren't you ?  All show terrific detail  too.... was this a different camera  from your beloved Panasonic F2000 , as you mention it's from your files... Whatever  it was you've got some really good detail.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Ooooh ....😧  they all  look quite menacing John .  In #3   it looks positively confrontational.... you really were in it's face weren't you ?  All show terrific detail  too.... was this a different camera  from your beloved Panasonic F2000 , as you mention it's from your files... Whatever  it was you've got some really good detail.

Polly... The camera was a Canon EOS 60D and the lens was a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, I also used a Sigma ringflash. I still have the camera but not that lens or ringflash, they were sold on eBay when I got the Panny.

• Like 1