Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Baby Speckled Bush-cricket.

JohnP

I haven't taken any photos recently, I have not been feeling great. Rather than not post anything here's a few shots I took last year in my garden, the Bush-cricket was on a Begonia flower, with a body length of about 5mm it was not easy to photograph. I may have posted the shots before but I can't remember. I used my Panasonic FZ2000 camera with a Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Aw John .... sorry to hear you’re feeling under the weather still ... I know the problems with the ulcer not healing on your leg is getting you down together with  issues with your feet... and being so active in the past it must be frustrating to not be able to do some things that you usually do without a thought .  
I think you are doing what a few of us are also doing  and that is going to our photo archives and  finding photos from the past as it becomes harder to get out and about for various reasons  and from that point of view I ‘m glad you have because that is a really good set of images showing extraordinary detail on that cricket . I’m pretty sure you haven’t posted these before  ... so thanks for rummaging through some older pics in order to post on here. It’s appreciated. A brilliant set !

By the way,  have you lifted your begonia corms to save for next year yet ? . I have  just finished drying mine out using a different method this year ... instead of laying them on old newspaper in trays, I actually placed them in lots of empty hanging baskets and hung them in the garage so the air circulated around the  corms much more effectively ... as a result they had dried out in a couple of days as opposed to a week or two.  I’ve stored over 150 Corms in old Plastic buckets ( originally containing 50 fat balls for the birds ) full of wood shavings that I bought as a bale of rabbit bedding. It insulates them from the frost and absorbs any excess moisture that may have been present thus avoiding the chance of them rotting .   
Anyway ... keep your chin up ...... and do keep posting some of your older pics : there’s nothing to say that photos posted have to always have been taken recently ... and it always a good excuse to chat in these strange  unusual times . 👍🏻
ps I was going to delete the last paragraph as I thought it may seem it was off topic... but you did say  the cricket was on a Begonia !😂

Thank you Polly!

I have lifted my Begonias, I am about to remove the soil now it's dried, they are in cardboard boxes in my garage. I only have a dozen and I've never saved them before, I usually have new ones each year.

The ulcer is nearly healed, I've had the darn thing since late June and I can't wait to finally see it gone.

4 hours ago, JohnP said:

Thank you Polly!

I have lifted my Begonias, I am about to remove the soil now it's dried, they are in cardboard boxes in my garage. I only have a dozen and I've never saved them before, I usually have new ones each year.

The ulcer is nearly healed, I've had the darn thing since late June and I can't wait to finally see it gone.

Pleased to hear your leg is healing ...that's a relief John  ... As far as the begonias go ...I have to  say I actually  hose the  soil off  now and make sure every bit of the succulent stalks have been removed, then paper towel them dry and then air- dry them hanging in the shed or garage in the empty hanging baskets . They get bigger every year and some of the corms are nearly as big as my hand after 4 years !  ....And of course ... it saves money... which has to be a good thing ....😉

Archived