Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bee Wing fractal

Fogey

Hi, Fogey...

it’s just great to discover another photographic experimenter here on TIPF....off at a tangent.....a bit of a lateral thinker...plus.... a tad of eccentricity.... combine to give us a sometimes unique/distorted view of the world around us.....

More Please !

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 06:37, sjr said:

Thats a great piece of work.....I really like that.
Is it just me......and maybe I need more sleep but if you stare at the picture it appears to look like its starting to rotate.

I think it's one of those optical illusory thing Simon ... I thought the same thing ... a fabulous  bit of " engineering " Fogey .... beautifully presented . 

Just a thought ... have you considered   a delicate radial rainbow gradient  through it ....I'd be tempted  as that sort of effect of the light  is often apparent on insects wings ...

19 hours ago, Clicker said:

I think it's one of those optical illusory thing Simon ... I thought the same thing ... a fabulous  bit of " engineering " Fogey .... beautifully presented . 

Just a thought ... have you considered   a delicate radial rainbow gradient  through it ....I'd be tempted  as that sort of effect of the light  is often apparent on insects wings ...

Hmmm!  Not sure how I could do that, Clicker.  Interesting thought, though.

OK ...here ya go Fogey ...  Go Gradient  tool in Photoshop >pick a spectrum gradient in the setting option . ( cog wheel )> choose radial option    and the opacity you want  > place cursor in middle of  wing flower shape and pull line out to somewhere along the length of one of the wings> edit >  fade gradient >choose a blending option ... 

Hope that helps .....yell if  not . Here's one of half a dozen versions i  came up with ....  it's an alternative  though  I do like  the mono version ... it just seemed one of those  few occasions where a  radial gradient could work . 

beeswings  flower ed4.jpg

Archived