Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Night Scapes - long exposures Landscapes

StanPhotography

Hi All,

Alright, trying to upload some of my night shots - some are long exposures of landscapes, other cityscapes.

As normal, I appreciate your constructive feedback on them, so that I can improve myself.

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards, Stan Photography.

SyonParkByStan.co.uk1773.JPG

You've chosen some very very difficult subjects there (i.e. balance between artificial light and unlit areas).

The first two look particularly difficult subjects. There's a slight burned out highlight in #2 (tree trunk), but that's almost inevitable and the rest of it looks great. With the first one, I'd be tempted to crop out that awful burnt out light on the left hand side and crop to the right hand 3/4.

I love the Thames shot with the bridge going from right to left towards St Pauls. I can't make up my mind about the main St Paul's shot - would it be better if the cathedral was tilted back CCW to be straight, and what would that do to the lines of the 'swirls'? I'd be tempted to give it a go and see what it looks like? 

And I like your  converging light swirls too, in the final shot.

Challenging subjects! Well done.

Another one captured with the same lens - no photoshop correction applied at any of my photos.

Nice enough set , but if your looking for constructive feedback you might like to give 'dusk' rather than 'night' a go which would help reduce some of the yellow from the street lights.

not sure about the Photoshop quote as several would benefit from a tickle including St Pauls which really needs the verticals sorting out ( I did post an edit then saw the 'No' )

But its always nice to see some iconic landmarks in the colours of the night (or dusk ;) )

Click image to view large

I agree pretty much with what's been said - some very good images, I like the London Eye shot in particular.

I also have to agree with Colin in that they'd all benefit from a little post editing - especially the St Paul's image.

Very nice work!

Korky

A very good response with very useful comments - thank you all.

Great ideas - knew will get good constructive feedback. Cheers,

It seem like should save money for at least lightroom license from adobe and start learn using it.

Once my threshold of 30 updates is reached, will share more details on which side of photography want to start focusing on and provide more links of my work.

Until then, will try to upload few more photos.

Thank you again,

Regards, Stan Photography.

can I dare with one more?

What about the below framing - minding that St. Cath. is not perfectly aligned with the centre of the Bridge.

Thanks.

I'm unsure about this one? I like it a lot, but am wondering about St Paul's being right in the centre of the picture ... less sky and more bridge perhaps?

can I dare with one more?

What about the below framing - minding that St. Cath. is not perfectly aligned with the centre of the Bridge.

Thanks.

Although I am not a fan of distorted buildings, unless they are distorted far more than these

but I am impressed with the exposure you have

can I ask how many images you took of st caths to achieve that balance and not fully blow out the windows

With pp you could achieve even a finer balance but thats good as it stands

Although I am not a fan of distorted buildings, unless they are distorted far more than these

but I am impressed with the exposure you have

can I ask how many images you took of st caths to achieve that balance and not fully blow out the windows

With pp you could achieve even a finer balance but thats good as it stands

Hi Fuzzyedges,

I took only one shot - haven't taken multiple exposures - I'm still trying to find a good HDR software for that - I'm not very satisfied with DPP when it comes to combining multiple exposures photos.

So, it was only 1 shot with evaluative metering set.

Regards, Stan Photography.

Archived