Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Woodland Walk

Fogey

That's very  interesting Fogey ... How many images  did you use?... It certainly has given  a film type 3D plus  bokeh  type of effect ... I'm sure members would  be interested in  your work flow .  It  resembles the effect  a bit  of tilt shift  lenses   or filters in Photoshop 

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

That's very  interesting Fogey ... How many images  did you use?... It certainly has given  a film type 3D plus  bokeh  type of effect ... I'm sure members would  be interested in  your work flow .  It  resembles the effect  a bit  of tilt shift  lenses   or filters in Photoshop 

I think it was in the region of 42.  I picked the scene with care and started by focusing on the foreground and, changing the AF to manual, I shot the background out of focus.  
When I got to the trees I checked and altered slightly the focus to get the trees sharp.
I changed the focus back to auto and shot the foreground, focusing on the undergrowth.  The dogwalkers just happened to walk round the corner at the right time so I took advantage of the opportunity.
All this was done with a tripod.

It was then a case of stitching the panorama and repairing where necessary.

Edited to say I used a 300mm lens, set to 230mm?  or thereabouts - with a wide aperture, both to achieve a blurred background.

Denis, I don't know what software you use for your photography, but there is a free piece of software from Microsoft called Microsoft Image Composite Editor.  (Mice) that deals with panoramas.  You'll find it only deals with Jpg's, I believe - not raw files.

Download this and install it on your computer, (I assume you have Windows operating system); meanwhile I'll write a quick tutorial for you on how to shoot a panorama.

I only have an old version of Lightroom (5.6)  and the old version of Topaz, I did have the Nik effects suite but that when I replaced the hard drive for an SSD. I am now on Windows 10 Jeff.

13 minutes ago, Denis said:

I only have an old version of Lightroom (5.6)  and the old version of Topaz, I did have the Nik effects suite but that when I replaced the hard drive for an SSD. I am now on Windows 10 Jeff.

I use Affinity Photo, Denis.  It has the features to create panoramas, focus merging and the like.  Costs circa £60 with free updates.  Brilliant piece of software.

Archived