Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Rainbow Bee Eaters

CMunzel

What fabulous colours Cheryl ... they certainly are aptly named aren’t they ?  You’ve done a super job getting the detail in focus  too .... it is  the only way I  have any chance of  getting maybe one decent image in each  continuous burst if I’m lucky .. ??
 How many frames per second can you get with you camera ...    see Fogey gave details on his Air brakes  pic  of how he managed his  capture .. I love it when people share  the” how I did it “ thing with us all . It saves  some of us the embarrassment  of asking ..??

Thanks Polly.
They are gorgeous looking birds. I look forward to their arrival from up north every Spring.

They nest in burrows in the sandy soil which is found in patches around here, including the isolated bush cemetery nearby.

I spend many hours on weekends wandering amongst the graves of my parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, and other local people with my camera trying to capture the Rainbow Bee Eaters, and other birds that enjoy the native bush in the cemetery. (I have attached a photo of the cemetery below so you can see what it looks like). 
My camera shoots at 7 frames a second with the standard issue battery or 9 frames/sec with extra battery pack (which I don’t have). 

27D93A4F-44AE-4D24-934D-4496C2467550.jpeg

The shot itself to me is fantastic, you have a caught both exiting a natural barrier of the branch and plant to the left of frame, and obviously banking sharp right to miss an unseen obstacle not in frame. (thats how it looks to me ! ) The colours are outstanding as Clicks points out, A terrific image all round Cheryl and one I would happily wish I had taken :)

16 hours ago, Denis said:

The shot itself to me is fantastic, you have a caught both exiting a natural barrier of the branch and plant to the left of frame, and obviously banking sharp right to miss an unseen obstacle not in frame. (thats how it looks to me ! ) The colours are outstanding as Clicks points out, A terrific image all round Cheryl and one I would happily wish I had taken :)

Thank you Denis. You’re right in your interpretation of what was happening with the birds swooping out and banking sharp right to dodge a branch. 

Archived