Autumn Colour

Yes, I know, hardly startlingly original. But wherever you point your camera, at this time of year, you seem to get a spectacular blaze of colour that just cries out to be photographed.

Warning: These are probably not so very different to whatever I may have posted this time last year!

IMG_8141.jpg.0f20bbd4cadceb2f9e99a50c4acc7e70.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg.d97a9426afe3fe404213773c03263cf7.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg.8ded7cb07bc7b86cdd821fa337d080a4.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg.bf328bcf9e6b11959f2cde84e41cf1bd.jpg

• Like 4

A real tapestry of Autumn  hues there David ... I can almost smell that earthy smell of decomposing leaves looking at those ... A fabulous avenue  of sunlit  trees leading us into that  woodland walk  is really inviting.  The view over the lake will only get even better as the colours change in the next few weeks ...if it's nearby , maybe you can  show us the difference over the next month or so from the same spot ... A challenge maybe a few more of us can take  maybe  in our own areas .   

How colourful are  the Sycamore  and Acer  leaves when they change ...always a real vibrancy about them with their acid yellows , bright reds and  burnt oranges . ... All in all all a  very pleasing  display of  the season David ...? 

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

A real tapestry of Autumn  hues there David ... I can almost smell that earthy smell of decomposing leaves looking at those ... A fabulous avenue  of sunlit  trees leading us into that  woodland walk  is really inviting.  The view over the lake will only get even better as the colours change in the next few weeks ...if it's nearby , maybe you can  show us the difference over the next month or so from the same spot ... A challenge maybe a few more of us can take  maybe  in our own areas .   

How colourful are  the Sycamore  and Acer  leaves when they change ...always a real vibrancy about them with their acid yellows , bright reds and  burnt oranges . ... All in all all a  very pleasing  display of  the season David ...? 

Thanks Polly, glad you liked them. When we first moved here in 1990 this gorgeous area was an opencast coalmine which could not support as much as a blade of grass. In 1998 it became a country park and it has been so rewarding to watch it evolve. I am very fortunate in that it is only a few minutes walk from where I live so I walk there most days. I will  share the view over the lakes as the seasons change.

I remember when it was an opencast site passing the area frequently on my journeys, and when I read of the plans to turn it into a country park. My first thoughts were 'yeah right, as if' but over the many years in passing it slowly took shape and colour.

Good to have it on your doorstep David.

It's good to see this kind of project coming to fruition David ...constructive  plans after  the destructive consequences of mining .... it looks like a real little sanctuary  in lots of ways .

• Like 1