Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks

You can tell I'm getting bored  when I start processing photos from 2017.

The first is the view at nightfall from Moro Rock and the second is peeking through the trees towards the mountains at Kings Canyon 

mororockview432A5550web.jpg

kings432A5568website.jpg

Edited by Stravinsky
  • Like 3

Me too, I love these far away shots that turn into several shades of blues and greys towards the absolute horizon :)

• Thanks 1

Just  an immense magical vista on that first image Strav ... such a feeling of size and space and the second one gives a real sense of relative perspective ... 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I think I mentioned before that we werent supposed to go there ... the original plan was Yosemite but the place was suffering from bad fires at the time of our visit so we diverted to Kings Canyon and the Sequoia National Parks which are slightly south of Yosemite 

Well you know what they say ....occasionally less is more.....😉... it's not a typical view that we might all recognise ... and it is all the more impressive because of that  for me ...

• Like 1

American scenery is truly amazing. It is all too easy to react negatively to mentions of the US but it has so much going for it. Did a road trip in this part of the world (although did not visit these particular NPs). Did get to Yosemite though....it is all jaw droppingly beautiful and your shots truly catch the magic of a very special place.

• Like 1
On 14/10/2020 at 06:52, David995031 said:

American scenery is truly amazing. It is all too easy to react negatively to mentions of the US but it has so much going for it. Did a road trip in this part of the world (although did not visit these particular NPs). Did get to Yosemite though....it is all jaw droppingly beautiful and your shots truly catch the magic of a very special place.

Ive done numerous trips around there, and sadly Yosemite is now a bit of a car park.  There are so many people there its quite a hassle just finding a space to park. A victim of its own beauty I guess.  Kings and Sequoia parks though were very different.  I think people are pulled in by the name and how famous Yosemite is