Barn Owl , Gyr Falcon and the lovely Aplamado Falcon

Wow ... some superb images there Roger .... The Aplomado Falcon is a beautiful looking creature ... Native to the American continent and I have never seen one here .   I didn’t know about the Cody Falconry in Essex either ... I’m surprised you haven’t been there Denis ...  clever post processing  too Roger ..  All in all a quality set of photographs . 👍🏻

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I’m surprised you haven’t been there Denis

Just less than ten minutes from me too, and to be quite honest I didnt know it was there!

• Haha 1

An impossible task to seperate any of them, I dont know about Photo of the week but POST of the week!

Great set Roger, hard to pick a favourite but the Aplomado Falcon just edges it, mainly because I've never heard of that one before.

It has  similar colouring to the Male Merlin that I have yet to get a decent photo of when he lands in my Magnolia  tree occasionally . Though the Merlin is  quite a bit smaller, in fact our smallest Falcon, it is so fast and agile taking small birds on the wing. The Aplomado is just  a stunning looking raptor and  your pics #5 and #6 on that post    take  joint pole position for me  Roger ...  but what a  set ....:respect:

On 10/10/2020 at 17:03, Clicker said:

It has  similar colouring to the Male Merlin that I have yet to get a decent photo of when he lands in my Magnolia  tree occasionally . Though the Merlin is  quite a bit smaller, in fact our smallest Falcon, it is so fast and agile taking small birds on the wing. The Aplomado is just  a stunning looking raptor and  your pics #5 and #6 on that post    take  joint pole position for me  Roger ...  but what a  set ....:respect:

Cheers thanks Polly .