Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Old High street, Wells-Next-The-Sea, Norfolk.

Denis

Ever since I cycled to Wells-Next-The-Sea aged just 15 yrs I have loved that Street and all there is there.... ..with my best pal, two old bikes, canvas tent, sleeping bags and all essentials stacked on carriers or in back-packs...including a ...painter’s blow lamp for cooking on....

so enamored with the place we did it again the next summer....

After my National Service.... my wife to be and I went by train...... with all our gear.... then at various times afterward, including with our first child, and with  her 8 yr old uncle......

The first time...1953 was immediately after the major East Coast flood disaster too.... lots of memories for us in that fascinating corner of England...

we took our VW camper there a few times too...

Just a few of my memories of that wonderful place......

FUJI

AE8C00ED-D429-42E3-9AB4-97BE34DB91E7.jpeg

7E1F349A-72C0-410F-801B-B1377A99F2DA.jpeg

778F0F3D-A9D7-4DC0-9020-A7EA5EDD54C1.jpeg

CBB06A1B-8DAB-4B33-8FAB-2D4D8980F67B.jpeg

The power of an image,  shown by the memories it invokes, is portrayed  quite graphically here . ... Love the colours Denis ...and the point of view ..and the fact that it’s opened up a little box of pictorial memories for Fooj too . 

Thanks Denis......

Wells-Next-The-Sea.... has bedn a magical place for me since I first cycled there the first week in August 1953.....circa 162 miles  in 11 1/2 hours, fully loaded with old time camping gear and supplies.

The famous Pinewoods Camp Site and Abraham’s Bosom boating lake had been covered with about 6ft of beach sand during the East Coast Flood Disaster a few months before.... the pine trees were dying and we had to buy locally made tent pegs because the standard skewer type were useless in silver-sand.

The town was only just beginning to recover..... I recall, that about three local families owned and ran most of the Quayside businesses then....Chandler’s...a Garage..and shops, including the Fish &Chip shop/cafe.... The Strand Bakery ...there was famous for its bread and cakes....The Cockle-Sheds and pubs filled with smock-wearing fishermen slowly vanished to what you see today....

Some of the happiest times of my life spent in Wells.

FUJI

Archived