Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bathtime.

JohnP

I hardly ever do video but yesterday an opportunity presented itself, about two weeks ago I got a new bird bath but I had not seen any birds using it ( I have not had any birds in my garden for weeks), I glanced out of the window and a Wood Pigeon was taking a bath. I grabbed my camera which is usually on my desk, no time for tripods hence the video is a bit wobbly, I am 74 and holding a camera to my eye for four minutes is not easy. The video was taken through a triple glazed patio door plus a sealed unit of my conservatory... five sheets of glass in total so I was not expecting a great result but overall it's not bad.

I've never seen a pigeon  bathing like that before John  ...looked  like he was drying under his wings in the sunlight ...amazing footage ... and  through all that glass too. Thanks for posting that ..?.   the videoing capabilities of these modern cameras is really first class now isn't it ...  I really must use mine more ... 

37 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I've never seen a pigeon  bathing like that before John  ...looked  like he was drying under his wings in the sunlight ...amazing footage ... and  through all that glass too. Thanks for posting that ..?.   the videoing capabilities of these modern cameras is really first class now isn't it ...  I really must use mine more ... 

I wonder how much better it would have been had I been able to go outside, there was absolutely no chance of opening the door, I had to move very slowly and try and use the curtain to hide myself by leaning a bit.

What it does is make you really appreciate  the patience  of these cameramen on  the wildlife programmes, especially the likes of  the  David Attenborough's Planet series , where they spend days or even weeks trying to get  some footage of shy or rare animals. ..  

It's another warm one today so I imagine  there may be a few more birds testing out your new birdbath ..  thought you did say  they  have been noticeable by their absence recently ... I wonder if someone has been  putting out a lot of slug pellets  and  some have been poisoned as a result....?

Archived