Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ancient Forest

Clicker

Mortimer Forest is an ancient woodland just a few miles outside Ludlow on the Shropshire Hereford border.  It covers about a thousand hectares  and  is a diverse habitat  for a large number of creatures .. Whilst still wary of areas with a higher density of people  during this pandemic  we had an afternoon out after driving to this Forest about 40 minutes away .    I'd forgotten just how  beautiful it was as it must be three years since I Iast walked  here....Mind you   the bench in the distance  was  a welcome sight . After  6 months  of just walking around the garden I   obviously   need to up my fitness routine !!:lol:

DSCF6978ed1s.jpg

We chose   a route  that was just  under two miles and   I was really glad it  was a circular route and I was back in the carpark after  a couple of hours  dawdling along with my camera  !   Before Lockdown and  tearing  my  medial  knee ligament  16 months ago,  I would regularly  do an  eight mile walk  twice a week ...  it's easy to take ones mobility for granted  isn't it ... 

It can be underestimated just how important green spaces are especially if one lives in a busy city  suburb ... It great  that  you have an area  just  five minutes away Strav  ...During Lockdown spaces like that must have been a real sanctuary for people living in places  with little garden  space .. Green  has always  been a calming peaceful colour it is in the centre of the spectrum is often associated with balance and emotional stability .

What a blessing that walk must have been then clicks! looks a nice place to go and stroll if the rest is like it!

We are lucky in that the town we live in has very large green open areas between developments. but it is still a detestable place for other reasons !

But a move is on the cards for us, we have been house hunting in Norfolk the last few days ;)

Lovely capture Polly! I haven't been to Mortimer Forest for a few years, when I was younger and fitter I often used to go there, it's a beautiful place.

I walked about 4 miles in Haugh Wood near Hereford yesterday hoping to get a few late butterfly shots, I didn't get any any worth showing, it seems everything is finishing early this year (not just butterflies) as I've always seen butterflies in September in this wood in previous years. I used to walk 10 miles but my darn bunions are stopping me now and having an ulcer on my shin for 3 months doesn't help either but that is very slowing getting better now.

Archived