Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Chasing the Light: Preston Marina.

Paul

I do not do landscapes (I do macro 98% of the time)...

Preston Marina this evening.

Had to Chase the Light, as it were... I was on my way into the city centre when I thought there's a sunset over there might be worth a look.

Five minutes after this and the blues had all but gone a murky yucky hue and the sun was gone...

Hand held (tripod was at home)...

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Image Date: 2013-12-19 16:59:50 +0000
Focal Length: 18mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure Time: 0.500 s (1/2)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Creator: Paul Iddon
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK

post-784-0-53130200-1387474612.jpg

Paul.

Lovely sky, well done.  I always know when I see something like that I should already be at a location but never am! :-)

Ta gladly.

I'm rarely ready for a landscape as you'll know. Unless it's a miniature one, lol..

Paul.

Beautiful sunset, and lovely picture. You know, down here in the SW it was good too. I saw it reflected in the windows of the higher apartments opposite. But in the 5 minutes it took me to mobilise outdoors with my camera, only the tag end of it was still there. It vanishes so fast at this time of year!

Beautiful sunset, and lovely picture. You know, down here in the SW it was good too. I saw it reflected in the windows of the higher apartments opposite. But in the 5 minutes it took me to mobilise outdoors with my camera, only the tag end of it was still there. It vanishes so fast at this time of year!

Vanish. That's the key.

David Noton wrote a book about chasing the light, and it's a good read.

But this is the first time I have chased it myself!

Cheers Chris.

Paul.

I'm not a huge fan of sunrise and sunset photographs, unless they have that ......Special Something...........This one of yours does ...........oodles of it.

When viewed large, it is obvious that it isn't .....just another ......Red Sky.........The whole glows with that very special quality of light at that time of day, the fact that you have it reflected in the water in the right proportions doubles the effect beautifully.

FUJI

Not a lot left for me to say...its all been said. Well done on this one, it is superb! and you say you don't take many landscapes? I think you should if this is the result!

I'm not a huge fan of sunrise and sunset photographs, unless they have that ......Special Something...........This one of yours does ...........oodles of it.

When viewed large, it is obvious that it isn't .....just another ......Red Sky.........The whole glows with that very special quality of light at that time of day, the fact that you have it reflected in the water in the right proportions doubles the effect beautifully.

FUJI

beautiful...gorgeous light, and the colour of the sky is stunning...

Very generous of each of you, thank you very much.

So often when I look through the camera at a view, I fail to record anything like what I saw at the time with my eyes. I just don't have that "landscapers eye" as it were. But occasional, even buggers (literal) like myself are presented with something begging to photographed, and that works!

Paul.

That's one of the hardest things in photography, a camera isn't very good at capturing what our eyes appreciate. It takes a certain skill that not all photographers are capable of. This landscape shows you do have that skill. And maybe you just need to practice with other scenes too :)

Archived