Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Little Egret Series

johntwo

These were the shots  I was taking before the Kestrel had me taking an idiotic tumble down the dyke.

51228013_LittleEgret.thumb.jpg.6f77ed22ead8e43fbf91cfab2c476d0b.jpg

1461114377_LittleEgret1.thumb.jpg.9134ae13c27a02c616c9391535240912.jpg

1409895895_LittleEgret2.thumb.jpg.41cfe9816786dbe618bced0189f290ac.jpg

Thanks Polly.  Rolled down onto a cinder and gravel parking area and ended up with a badly cut hand,  cut elbow, sore arm, sore shoulder and a bruised ego  <sodemoji.1f60f></sodemoji.1f60f>.  I should know better than to clamber up steep grassy banks camera in hand at my age.  The swivel screen on the camera flipped out as I tumbled and the hinge snapped in two but otherwise it is still working and better still, cosmetically it is unmarked.  There is a slight scratch on the barrel of my 100-400 mm  but that seems OK as well.  The camera is going back to Fuji in Bedford tomorrow.  The Kestrel escaped with no pic and was last seen hovering over the roadside laughing at me as I left to get patched up at the local hospital.

Well John, all I can say is hope you mend quickly and the camera mends ok too ! Its only a matter of time before I do meself an injury trying to capture something!

As a pick of the set , three is superb.

Good grief John !! That must have been a hell of a fall ..... You could  get yourself some Arnica  pillules from Holland and Barrett  (the x 6 dilution ) to take for a week... as  a homeopathic remedy  they will stop  bruising and muscle strain.. I  have always used them for 30 years after they worked when  I fell down 30 concrete steps at the NEC . My friend always carried them with her and gave me two every three hours FOR TWO DAYS  and 2 , 4 TIMES ADA for a week .. and despite being knocked unconscious and needing stitches in my head i dint have a single bruise anywhere ... Anyway ... I digress a bit .... I hope both you and the camera  ND that very expensive lens too are on the mend ...   

Thanks Denis.  Thanks Polly.

I always say to others that you are best never to chase wildlife in nature photography, you should always let it come to you.  I should have taken my own advice, but I seem to have got off lightly all things considered.

Archived