Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Album

Black Pearl

Ella Fitzgerald but I dont think it was chick web as he passed away june 39 it was more likely Breason on the drums

At the end it says Ella Fitzgerald who presented the savoy orchastra, had it been chick webb it would have said chick webb orchastra featuring ella fitzgerald

Ella took over as leader of the orchastra after Chick passed over

What ever its a great Balboa dance track

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hell's bells, Herr Lumix, where did you dig that up from? I couldn't even watch it through to the end. At least my posts are classy - well, except for the Flash Gordon one perhaps.

I think you're safe, though, this thread is only read by one sad old geezer from Lancashire and he's a bit mentally unstable and tends to dribble his porridge down his shirt front.

Korky

I post this in the hope that it eradicates all the negative Karma that the Lumix post has brought to the forum.

Martin Simpson is a wonderful guitarist and this is a beautifully crafted song.

If this doesn't work, all I can suggest is that we have a group hug and sing Kum Ba Yah around the virtual campfire.

Korky

Hell's bells, Herr Lumix, where did you dig that up from? I couldn't even watch it through to the end. At least my posts are classy - well, except for the Flash Gordon one perhaps.

I think you're safe, though, this thread is only read by one sad old geezer from Lancashire and he's a bit mentally unstable and tends to dribble his porridge down his shirt front.

Korky

Hahaha - I already knew about this one. If you go onto YouTube and search on William Shatner, this comes high in the list. :laughing:

Tip: substitute toast for porridge - you can brush off the crumbs before anyone notices...

• 4 weeks later...

Bang yer cans on an lisen ter this......

Never really knew about Jimi Hendrix......I chanced upon his Biography in a charity shop today.......I've just started reading it........thought I had better have a listen ......very impressed.......He makes that guitar talk.

http://youtu.be/LVUlzNXxljg

One eyed FUJI

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a documentary on BBC4 a few months ago which had Mike Oldfield talking about his work. Very interesting. He's  in his 60s now but still producing great music.

The classic 'Tubular Bells' made him a few bob! - 1973 would you believe?

Korky

By sheer coincidence I recently purchased the iPlayer version of Tubular Bells, love listening to it.....

1973?

The year I made a HUGE career change.....after being a Carpenter/Joiner from leaving school at 15), I I transferred from the manual labour of the building site to a salaried position in Social Services as a Life-Skills Instructor to young people with severe learning disabilities.

What a difference.......No Saturday morning working, no starting the day at 7:30am......or, finishing at 6pm, no heavy tools to lug about and no bib and brace overalls........instead, I began my day at 08:45 then finished daily at 4:15 pm ...oh plus a cooked lunch daily.

It was a new career that I loved, going on to gain full Teaching then Social Work Qualifications and becoming a manager, working with and for one of the best client groups ever......1973 was a very significant year for me and my family.

No wonder Tubular Bells strikes a chord.

FUJI

Can't be bothered with photos tonight, so have a bit of this.....

I was introduced to Beethoven's Pastoral some 40 years ago by a friend and to this day it remains one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. Here's a slice....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50XkRrp5x8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...