Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Milky Way over the Isle Of Wight.

Denis

My first serious attempt at night sky photos was done by chance this week. We were away in the campervan and rocked up for the night at a little place called Milford On Sea that is on the coast just across the water from the Isle of Wight. We met a chap who had the biggest portable motorised Telescope I had seen and was out to look at Saturn. When he told me the position in the sky of  where to photograph the Milky Way, he then pointed out the Comet ! Both of these were indistinguishableto my poor old eyes until I pointed the Tokina lens at them and took a few shots :)

We are now home and I put these through Lightroom this morning and quite pleased with the results as a first attempt. Now we have a nearby (sort of) Dark Sky area to visit now and again!

586990111_MilkyWayrework.JPG.04ea1b90134add5b8e03049d9f977564.JPG

DSC_3756.JPG.a8dc6eaad245fd3bcb44ae701ee619c6.JPG

The International Space Station shoots across the Milky Way...

DSC_3741-3.JPG.5b55e3e4bcd3d8f34a84ea86d9b8f99b.JPG

And THE Comet :)

DSC_3750.JPG.1c50bb9207b730bd8bf14db4f95191aa.JPG

DSC_3733.thumb.JPG.4ff5038e4263fd28d85044a22b675cc7.JPG

D7500 + Tokina 11-15 f2.8 DXII Pro @ 11mm- with a 20 Second Exposure @ 3200 ISO

3 hours ago, David995031 said:

Terrific stuff, Denis. Number one is a beauty.

A friend of mine replied to the picture as I have also posted it on 'Faceache'...he asked how many stacked images had I used to get the pic looking like this, he was a bit surprised to learn that I hadn't !

It was perfect conditions for the two days we ended up spending there, such a great little village really, all the locals were really friendly too. We will come back here again.

1 hour ago, Denis said:

It was perfect conditions for the two days we ended up spending there, such a great little village really, all the locals were really friendly too. We will come back here again.

I suppose this really makes up for all the times when you were stuck in places in industrial estates.... where you couldn't take images... Image #1 is a POTW Winner

Archived