Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE)

Black Pearl

Now I'm awake and I've had time to look through the shots from last night/early this morning I've a couple more I'm happy with.

Such an incredible sight in our skies and one that won't be repeated for 6800 years, so glad to have caught it.

1190594077_NeoMill.thumb.jpg.01513bc1cd524f3dfceb7dc17b6873b7.jpg

424211566_NeoClose.thumb.jpg.f54acf0066c8652db57abba20f7de6c4.jpg

5 hours ago, Denis said:

wondering if it will be visible tonight for us?

It will be near Ursa Major (The Plough), which will be in the north after sunset, best time to see it is between midnight and 3:30am, clouds permitting....

16 hours ago, JohnP said:

Great captures BP!

I have been hoping to get some shots but it's always cloudy lately, I am still living in hope. Please could you post some camera settings?

It was a bit of a suck-it-and-see sort of shooting but the exif from each is:

1. 800iso - f5 - 13sec
2. 400isi - f5 - 18sec
3. 400iso - f4.8 - 2.3sec

15 hours ago, Denis said:

Superb photos BP, what time in the morning was this??

We have had lots of cloud down here in the south, wondering if it will be visible tonight for us?

We met just after 11mp and were there until a little after midnight by which point we had loads of cloud and the comet was difficult to catch. 
It will be visible a for a few more days, getting higher each night so just keep checking for a clear sky and go out. It is visible to the naked eye, remarkably so in fact, f you look to the North.

Last night was clear at last so I went out into the countryide away from the street lighting to try and see the comet, I ended up happy and unhappy at the same time. I saw the comet but only with binoculars so no photos, it wasn't bright enough to see using the camera... shame!

7 hours ago, JohnP said:

Last night was clear at last so I went out into the countryide away from the street lighting to try and see the comet, I ended up happy and unhappy at the same time. I saw the comet but only with binoculars so no photos, it wasn't bright enough to see using the camera... shame!

Aye, its getting nearer the earth but further from the sun so the tail is diminishing. 

A mate got a fantastic shot up at Sycamore gap last night and I think a few of us are going out next week to have another go. 

38 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

A mate got a fantastic shot up at Sycamore gap last night and I think a few of us are going out next week to have another go. 

Ooohhhhh I bet that was worth the trip ....Hope you get one too so we can see it on here!

I saw the comet again last night but no photos... it wasn't bright enough again. I'm not sure why others are seeing and photographing it, I can see it OK with binoculars but it's still quite faint.

Archived