Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Jupiter.

JohnP

One can't get great shots of planets without expensive equipment which I can't afford, however this is the best I could do with my camera and no other equipment. You can just make out two of Jupiter's moons, that's Saturn way over to the left.

71707203_P1040744(3).jpg.afae5d13da8a4d37b34fe37879cae4ae.jpg

Panasonic DMC-FZ2000.

Nice image John.  Remarkable resolution to resolve Jupitors moons but not surprisingly, quite a lot of noise in the sky.  I've been using Topaz DeNoise AI recently and it can be pretty good with the right image.  I thought I would see what it would do here.  Nothing has been changed.  I've just applied the default setting in DeNoise.   Does a great job.

71707203_P1040744(3).jpg.afae5d13da8a4d37b34fe37879cae4ae.jpg.dcf119614f1a80a15f41031f222c6415.jpg

The Sky at Night with Patrick Moore  was always a great favourite  tv programme of mine ... I suspect he got a lot of people interested in the stars and planets ...

I haven't ever used Topaz so that's interesting  ... I   have used  Photoshop and the define option in the Nik collection ... there's a fine line isn't there between removing noise and  losing definition... For me, It often depends on the context of the picture as to how far you push the slider    ...

It always makes me feel small and insignificant when I look more closely at the stars and the planets John... If I was just starting  out  now with a camera and I was 25 years old  I think I would  be  really keen on Astro photography .  I named two kittens I had years  ago   had after two of the moons ;  Io and Callisto  .  

I am thinking about buying an Astro Telescope, it would be great to do some digiscoping. I know sweet nothing about it though so I would have to seek advice first. I wouldn't even know what telescope would be good for a beginner.

Roger may be able to advise John as I know he has a lot of experience in Astro photography ... I imagine there is a link and he could possibly point you in the right direction . He has turned his interest to birds this past couple of years but it might be worth sending him a message ... 

I haven't been able to take a decent photo of the comet yet, one thing I have noticed is that all the photos of the comet posted on the forum so far have been taken near the coast. Maybe that is something to do with it, perhaps the atmosphere is clearer there than further inland. I gave up trying again last evening as the comet is far too faint, I pointed my camera at Jupiter instead which was at it's closest to Earth this year last evening.

1414747881_P1040795(3).jpg.05b9f1113047939d26e96117d1a732a6.jpg

1032433392_P1040797(3).jpg.471b1496912205cef5655c1004dea9b5.jpg

Panasonic DMC-FZ2000.

Archived