Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

New Car

Ryewolf

Last week I bought a new car - well new to me anyway - a 2015 3 Door Renault Megane 1.5 Turbo Diesel. It's the newest car I've ever owned and it's also the first diesel car I've owned in 40 years of having cars. It was my sister that pointed me in the direction of the Megane as I'd been looking at much bigger 5 door cars.

I have to say, so far I really am enjoying driving it, it's nice to drive, comfy - though I haven't sat in the back yet and quite sporty.....

megane-0556.jpg

16 minutes ago, Denis said:

Well done Geoff, looks a very aerodynamic shape.

Thanks Denis, it is pretty sporty in 2nd to 4th gear despite only being a 110bhp engine, for motorway cruising 5th and 6th is good too. I am thinking of getting the alloys refurbished and powder coated black and red... It has one of those keyless Start/Stop engine buttons, which is quite cool, the boot is quite big for the car - not as big as the Signum) but big enough for anything I'm likely to need it for. It didn't come with a spare tyre (only a tyre inflater and can of repair gunk), which apparently is quite common for newer cars, so I went and bought a full sized spare tyre and jack kit.

17 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

Thanks Denis, it is pretty sporty in 2nd to 4th gear despite only being a 110bhp engine, for motorway cruising 5th and 6th is good too. I am thinking of getting the alloys refurbished and powder coated black and red... It has one of those keyless Start/Stop engine buttons, which is quite cool, the boot is quite big for the car - not as big as the Signum) but big enough for anything I'm likely to need it for. It didn't come with a spare tyre (only a tyre inflater and can of repair gunk), which apparently is quite common for newer cars, so I went and bought a full sized spare tyre and jack kit.

I dont blame you mate, ask any tyre fitter about the gunk...they hate it :)

Apparently if you don't specify when you buy a brand new car (and pay extra) you get the inflater and gunk. I paid £96 (inc VAT) for a brand new Michelin tyre/steel wheel and jack kit.

7 minutes ago, Denis said:

I dont blame you mate, ask any tyre fitter about the gunk...they hate it

I can imagine, especially if your car also has tyre pressure sensors like mine, to be honest I wouldn't feel safe going on any journey without have a proper spare tyre.

3 minutes ago, Kobione said:

Looks good and a nice size Rye - hope it fits your every need - enjoy it!

PS: and I would have got a proper spare tyre  etc too!

Thanks Kobione, being old school having  a near new car that didn't have a proper spare tyre was a bit like  @Whoa no spare tyre.....It's a really nice car to drive

On 09/07/2020 at 22:01, Ryewolf said:

It didn't come with a spare tyre (only a tyre inflater and can of repair gunk), which apparently is quite common for newer cars, so I went and bought a full sized spare tyre and jack kit.

Nice car! I did the same when I bought a new car last week, but I only bought a space-saver tyre and kit.

10 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

caught one with zero tax, and love it. I still miss the high rev nature when you want to push on a little but the low end grunt is perfect for every day driving

Yes, this Renault Megane is a zero tax and this is the same, very sporty between 2nd-4th gear but not so good between 5th and 6th I guess by then it's run out of torque.

A sixth gear on a diesel car is purely for economy on a long flat motorway run, just think of it as an overdrive.

My Renault van is happier in fifth gear , and more economic at anything under 55 and will prompt me to change down by the green gear lever light on the instrument display.

On 15/07/2020 at 00:04, Ryewolf said:

Yes, this Renault Megane is a zero tax and this is the same, very sporty between 2nd-4th gear but not so good between 5th and 6th I guess by then it's run out of torque.

Get it mapped for extra power/torque. Doesn't cost much and its not changing thins so much that the engine is stressed but the difference in remarkable - like instantly having a bigger engine. 

Archived