Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Long lens luck ...

Clicker

Just  testing my long lens  through the window in the hall  for Focus as I missed a bull finch on the hanging basket  earlier, when the butterfly just landed on the lobelia in a hanging basket 12 feet away whilst I  was  actually looking through the viewfinder and adjusting the focus... 

Never look a gift horse .......<sodemoji.1f609></sodemoji.1f609> 

DSCF5805ED1s.jpg

Thanks Denis ... lucky that wasn’t  it ?.. 

Thank you ... I presume it’s a Small White JohnP.....  

Luckily there was a really nice dark background which helps  to isolate it well too ...  

There are some yellow rose of Sharon on the far side of the courtyard.... I did crop the original  that had a few more showing...  I’ll post the original pic  when the football’s finished...  sadly the Magpies are losing.... 

Polly... it's a female Large White. The brilliant white wings have black tips to the forewings, extending down the wing edge. Females have  spots on the forewings, which are not present in males.

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

There are some yellow rose of Sharon on the far side of the courtyard.... I did crop the original  that had a few more showing...  I’ll post the original pic  when the football’s finished...  sadly the Magpies are losing.... 

Highlights sometimes distract.  In this case it adds some depth.  

This is the original sooc ....  just  a 30 pixel  stroke added and a size reduction. I did  reduce the luminance of the yellow a bit from this as you can see Johntwo ... compositionally it needed a crop  but I  didn't ever want to remove the yellow ...as you say ... it adds depth and context  for me. 

DSCF5805 origs.jpg

Archived