Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Guess how much I saved or razor blades this year!

Well, probably enough to pay for the fancy aftermarket shutter release button that came on this. I picked up a used Fujifilm X100T in immaculate condition today with 10,000 shutter actuations. It came with the fancy button, thumb grip and L shape base plate with grip too. I really wanted a Leica but I would probably have to give up my coffee habit to pay for that! ?

_DSC4536.thumb.jpg.f99860c9d7fe6185aa7a240fccf1bbb1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The longer whisker’s suit  you Martyn.......I tried growing some, but got rid, when Inwas told they aged me ten years.

Great to see another TIPF member dabbling in the...used-camera....market.....there are bargains to be had, if yiu shop around with a clear idea of what you want.

As stated in Rye’s post above, I too have invested in a low shutter count second camera... I intend to use it for all my fully manua photography with vintage and DIY lenses.

FUJI

2 hours ago, FUJI said:

The longer whisker’s suit  you Martyn.......I tried growing some, but got rid, when I was told they aged me ten years.

FUJI

This was me just over 12 months ago, before I decided it was time to get a new life!

49548087153_31562a8fe2_ba.jpg.2471a802f1af83ea3e4afbee77221f41.jpg

• Like 1

The camera made a fool out of me today (ok, it wasn't hard). I spent a bit of time this morning reading through the Basic Operations user manual trying to get to grips with the different view modes and viewfinder selector. Then I took the camera out with me in the hope I would end up somewhere interesting. I was lucky enough to end up in Ingleton with a lovely view of Ingleborough in front of me. I had the camera set up in fully auto mode and tried to take a shot. I could hear the lens hunting and trying to focus but it wouldn't let me take a shot.  I pressed a few buttons and ended up trying to use the LCD screen instead of the viewfinder but it didn't seem to be working. It was starting to rain, so in frustration I got back in the car to try and work out what was wrong. I looked at the camera, turned it around then suddenly realised I hadn't removed the lens cap!

This is going to be a steep learning curve for me, the only cameras I've ever used are Nikon DSLRs. A rangefinder style camera is way too advanced for me!?

• Haha 1

You'll love it Martyn ...it's just muscle memory for the Nikon DSLRs... 

I love that you'd left the lens cap on ... I did that too during the first few outings with my first FUJI especially with the little 35mm prime with it's odd hood( that I never remove )  as it obscures any obvious sight of the lens cap .... so don't feel  too bad ...we've all worn the DUMMY hat  at some stage if we're honest ...?

PS You look like you should have the  Harley Davidson  by your front door,....with that beard )....<sodemoji.1f609></sodemoji.1f609>

• Like 1

Spent this morning trying to work out why the flash wouldn't work. Tried everything I could think of, but the flash control menu was greyed out and wouldn't let me select it. After a quick Google search I found it to be a common problem with a simple fix; silent mode had been turned on. The camera will do nothing that would draw attention to itself whilst in silent mode including the flash.

Went for a walk around Kendal this afternoon and took a few pictures. On returning home I plugged the camera into the computer and began to transfer the pictures, OVER SIX HUNDRED PHOTOGRAPHS! Turns out the File Image Quality was set to Raw and large jpeg, and the Drive Mode was set to High Speed Continuous. So every time I pressed the shutter button I was taking 4,5 or 6 pictures saved in 2 different formats. The camera is so quiet I didn't even hear the shutter going off. Apart from the steep learning curve for this camera, I absolutely love it!