Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

First Year For Art Deco...

I bought and planted this Iris last year after  seeing it as a single plant for sale  outside a cottage  on a  rural road a few miles from where I live ...  I paid the  princely sum of £4.00  for it  and it only  had one stem on it with a flower that  had actually seen it's best days and I was unable to even detect what colour it was.. An elderly chap came out when i waved to him at the window and I asked what the colour would be  and he informed me it was a really dark bluey purple,  almost navy and white  and it was called Art Deco.. I asked if he had any more  and he said he had sold 9  that week and this was the last one ..  he had  propagated them   himself from  one  plant he had bought about 20 years before . He said , "The  blooms are as big as  yer hand  !" 

Well they actually are and this week  two enormous stems, 40 inches tall, revealed 3 blooms  on each . I think I got  a bargain......!

BLUE IRIS orig4bs .jpg

And ....After a bit of fiddling ...

BLUE IRIs 6s.jpg

Thanks John...... Korks and I  were both always heavily into  textures as you are probably aware and we  used to  send each other  links to various free downloads of textures found online and share  those that we had bought .   It's not quite four months since his departure  but I miss him a lot ... I am hoping to set up a small gallery of his best work later in the year on  here so that  we can have a wander through and appreciate his unique talent once in a while.. 

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

....................................................... I am hoping to set up a small gallery of his best work later in the year on  here so that  we can have a wander through and appreciate his unique talent once in a while.. 

What a good idea.  I'll look forward to that.  It'll be a place to find inspiration.

Really good Polly, well done of raising it to produce such fine flowers, and equally great work on your second image that would grace any printed Flower guide.

Archived