Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cannon Hill Park

Stravinsky

A good set of images Jon...I would have been over that railing and be stood on the end of one of those little piers for a shot down the lake before I could get shouted at! :)

Brings back a few memories, but also some puzzles.

I assume the sculpture in the last image is quite new as I don't recognize it at all. Also did the boating lake re-open, as I remember it was closed very soon after I moved to that area and stayed so until I left in 2007 (algal blooms IIRC)?

3 hours ago, Denis said:

A good set of images Jon...I would have been over that railing and be stood on the end of one of those little piers for a shot down the lake before I could get shouted at! :)

I have a few of the lake Denis, but I know what you mean.  This was really taken for a photography group on FB to show ho0w the park was deserted

2 hours ago, JamesT said:

Brings back a few memories, but also some puzzles.

I assume the sculpture in the last image is quite new as I don't recognize it at all. Also did the boating lake re-open, as I remember it was closed very soon after I moved to that area and stayed so until I left in 2007 (algal blooms IIRC)?

Yes, the sculpture is a memorial to the people who died in the terrorist attacks in Tunisia a few years ago. Why we would have it there, I don't really know as I don't think it has much relevance to Birmingham.   Yes, the lake is normally open now, they have those white swan pedalo type things there. There is also a landscaped crazy golf course, 4 tennis courts and a small kids ride area with fixed roundabout etc. The train still runs around the park.

17 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

Yes, the lake is normally open now, they have those white swan pedalo type things there. There is also a landscaped crazy golf course, 4 tennis courts and a small kids ride area with fixed roundabout etc. The train still runs around the park.

Thanks for the updates -- I lived just across the Pershore Road on Selly Wick Drive for many years.

Just one more question: has the "Golden Lion" collapsed yet or have they done something about it? It was more-or-less derelict with construction fencing around it the whole time I lived there.

5 minutes ago, JamesT said:

Thanks for the updates -- I lived just across the Pershore Road on Selly Wick Drive for many years.

Just one more question: has the "Golden Lion" collapsed yet or have they done something about it? It was more-or-less derelict with construction fencing around it the whole time I lived there.

I actually live very close to the park, less than 100 yards <sodemoji.1f642></sodemoji.1f642>  The buildings just here are in a conservation area.

The Lion is still there, heavily surrounded by scaffolding.  The plan is to move it back to Digbeth when all the re building and renovation takes place there. I hope Birmingham Council actually do this, because the building is slowly decaying 

An interesting set Van... I suppose we are seeing many unusual vistas  devoid of people due to the lockdown ...... I imagine  it may well be a signature  identifying  2020 photos in the future as hopefully it wont last  forever !!

On 25/05/2020 at 01:36, Clicker said:

An interesting set Van... I suppose we are seeing many unusual vistas  devoid of people due to the lockdown ...... I imagine  it may well be a signature  identifying  2020 photos in the future as hopefully it wont last  forever !!

See the ones of Birmingham city I just posted! <sodemoji.1f642></sodemoji.1f642>

Archived