Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Black Magician

Martyn

There's definitely a theme evolving here methinks Martyn ....

That  is your best portrait so far in the series ... I wasn't sure about the last one as your head was suspended  mid-air... ...the merest hint of light on the  shoulder  makes the world of difference for me ... Excellent  image ... even though you do scare me a bit ...:sofa:

15 hours ago, Hatter said:

I like that, Martyn - very effective lighting.

Thank you! The light came from my two computer monitors to my left hand side.

14 hours ago, Clicker said:

There's definitely a theme evolving here methinks Martyn ....

That  is your best portrait so far in the series ... I wasn't sure about the last one as your head was suspended  mid-air... ...the merest hint of light on the  shoulder  makes the world of difference for me ... Excellent  image ... even though you do scare me a bit ...

Thank you for your comments Clicker! I must admit that my previous self portrait was not exactly what I wanted, but the more I messed about with it the more I messed it up. In the end I decided that the light was too flat on my face, hence this attempt with the light to one side. As I was processing this image I watched a video on the use of low pass and high pass filters in Darktable, it was through the use of these that I got the contrast and detail that I was looking for. .....and yes, there is a definite theme; the model is cheap and readily available, and despite his tantrums and mood swings I can usually get him to do what I want! 

14 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Another excellent self portrait. I've also read the Black Magician trilogy and liked it a lot.

Hi Ryewolf, have you read the prequel and sequel trilogies to the Black Magician? My local secondhand book shop were going to look our for them for me but the place has been closed for weeks now! 

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

have you read the prequel and sequel trilogies to the Black Magician?

I've definitely read the The Traitor Spy Trilogy, can't remember if I've read the prequel though but I read a lot of books and I haven't read the Trudi Canavan books for quite a few years now. I shall have to dig them out once I've finished reading the pile of 20 or so books that I haven't actually read yet.

Archived