Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LOCKDOWN

Going to document our days during the lockdown with a mind to having the pictures to look back on in the future.
This is going to be our thing - our moment in history. Sounds a bit weird but think of it like this - we look back, read about and devour pictures of previous generations that have went through war, depressions, famines, plagues etc as they form a significant part our our social history...this virus is ours. In fifty years time our kids, kids will want to see great grandpa's funny old fashioned 2D digital photographs of COVID-19 and what everyone did in the same was as we look at the battered old sepia pictures in black leather albums and shoeboxes in the sideboard.

I'll keep them all in this one post so it doesn't flood the forum and they kind of fit together to tell the story better.

Day 1

112960118_LockdownDayOne2.thumb.jpg.da6d0aebe38f47bcaf1383e69a483076.jpg

350680464_LockdownDayOne1.thumb.jpg.22a6c5e06613cb53a7e5b0336cceb846.jpg

1857579322_LockdownDayOne3.thumb.jpg.26a78ffb5f3b282e399fa91e418a2ecf.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

That's an interesting set of images and I do like the format they are presented in.

I'm taking so many pictures that keeping them all separate will just flood anywhere I post them so this approach kind of harmonises them a bit....also means they don't all get close scrutiny ?

1 hour ago, Denis said:

Yes, an excellent set and a good way of presenting and recording this period of our history!

(How  do you present sets of photos  like these would be good to know !) :)

I'm using the print module in Lightroom - create a blank page with however many cells you want and fiddle with the spacing until you have something you like then select or drag/drop pictures into them. Once you have it worked out you can let it create and fill pages automatically.

Day - 3 (day 12)

The monotony is starting to bite, remember we were in isolation all last week so this is two weeks now that we have been cut off from our normal day to day life and you can feel it having an effect. 
We did very little today other than a trip to the supermarket (not something I ever want to do again) for essentials and the usual things that keep a household running. I cut some wood for the fire, Ang baked, Thomas learned to play a new tune and Dylan went for a run.
That run on the morning  meant he couldn't come out with us on our evening walk - once a day means once a day and I am determined to do the right thing. 

Thomas enjoyed it though...

Day 3.jpg

Lockdown - Day 4

...or 5 or 7 or whateveritis as I've lost all concept of time, days and dates. Today was more of the same, coffee, more coffee (more coffee but in brackets so it doesn't seem so bad) and spending way too much time this morning wondering if I would need socks or not. I got so desperate this afternoon I washed the car, polished the car and almost cleared out the door pockets....thats a job for week two though.

Teatime we headed out for our Boris approved daily exercise on a slightly different route than the last few days to a different beach and a few unexpected finds. Still a little melancholy but I get the feeling this might just be the way the lockdown is making its mark on my photography.
1107900480_Day42FB.thumb.jpg.4566c0404bae64d00a472d64268a54a4.jpg

48197512_Day4FB.thumb.jpg.922183cf2cc5ccbab46769bf7eb85058.jpg

Lockdown - Day 9

Not quite as exciting as yesterdays menagerie of unusual creatures (see the isolation post) but still a canny walk down to the beach,

First one is a new one for us, Dog Whelk Eggs on the underside of a rock
1522253586_Day9WhelksFB.thumb.jpg.74c104e94ec5b7e428e0f5d822d99f86.jpg

More usual finds|
254884824_Day8RockpoolsFB.thumb.jpg.cc02b8edfb14c7137dbfe2838c1f82d7.jpg

Gotta include the mutt from time to time
1288849467_Day8MuttFB.thumb.jpg.133bce93f0b7656ee0be25b473a728ec.jpg

On 31/03/2020 at 16:40, Black Pearl said:

Lockdown - Day 8

For want of something better to do with my time I baked a loaf of bread this morning

Nice series BP.  Good enough to illustrate a cook book.  Baked four loaves myself last saturday.  We should be alright for a while but for some reason, I just cannot find any more Strong White Flour.  None of the four main supermarkets in this area has any.  I think everybody has deided to start baking their own.

1 hour ago, johntwo said:

Nice series BP.  Good enough to illustrate a cook book.  Baked four loaves myself last saturday.  We should be alright for a while but for some reason, I just cannot find any more Strong White Flour.  None of the four main supermarkets in this area has any.  I think everybody has deided to start baking their own.

I got a bag of standard Be-Ro plain flour for this loaf and the one Angela made the other day but that has been the first in over a week. All the supermarkets were stripped bare of stuff and even the corner shops are having issues keeping stock in. I don't understand, genuinely don't understand why people are stockpiling things when no one stated there would be shortages. We are trying to keep our shops to the bare minimum - only I have been going and it is every few days not my usual pop in on the way home each night. Even then I've bought one bottle of milk, one loaf, a couple of bottles of fresh juice and the minimum we can live on so stock is left for others. The public it turns out are ignorant, selfish brutes who may fill their social media pages with clapping and fancy profile pictures but in reality are swines who would trample over those they are supposed to be supporting for a packet of bog rolls

I absolutely agree with you BP.  The sheer greed involved is saddening but I would have to admit to having a bit more in the house than we would normally.  For the at risk category (which we are in) getting food delivered is a lottery, both in terms of whether or not and how far ahead.  It's not helped by the fact that half of what you order doesn't arrive but that's less of a problem so long as you have something.  Then the whole thing is exacerbated by the fact that all supermarkets have a minimum order value which inevitably encourages people order more than their immediate needs.  There is no popping out for just a loaf and some milk - hence my being able to exercise my passion for breadmaking - flour supply permitting.

Archived