Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Catch-up Cuppa for All members.... no matter how long you've been away

Clicker

I’ve not been on here much lately, although I’ve been taking photos more regularly recently I think.

Just read through the whole thread: makes you realise how lucky you are when you read other people’s stories doesn’t it? Love and hugs to all of you going through stuff.

My lockdown has been reasonably uneventful: I struggled a bit with depression & anxiety to begin with, but I seem to have come through the worst of that. Financial pressures meant that I had to sell a couple of guitars and my X-T20; I replaced two mid-priced guitars with one cheap one and I have to say I’m very happy with it, so that’s a bonus! The camera and lenses got replaced with a Panasonic bridge camera which although I was a little underwhelmed at first, I’ve come to really like.
I work from home anyway, so that hasn’t been a huge change for me. My wife has taken care of most of the home schooling of my stepdaughter, so it’s been a lot less of an upheaval for me than it has for a lot of people. We’ve started doing some site visits again now, so I’ve had a week working in London (I drove in, because I don’t fancy public transport much at the moment) and a week in Edinburgh. I’m off to Cheltenham in a couple of weeks, so I’m going to take my camera and see if I can get any nice shots in the evenings while I’m away.

Great to catch up with you Sfk ... ( far too long a name for me to type <sodemoji.1f609></sodemoji.1f609>) This pandemic  has  hit people in varying ways so it's good to have a place to let off steam and  and also  to maybe  just see that  you're not alone with  one's worries and anxieties...  Look Forward to seeing more of your pics too  but even just a chat is a good reason  to pop in to see us ... <sodemoji.1f44d></sodemoji.1f44d>

On 06/09/2020 at 12:32, Clicker said:

Great to catch up with you Sfk ... ( far too long a name for me to type ) This pandemic  has  hit people in varying ways so it's good to have a place to let off steam and  and also  to maybe  just see that  you're not alone with  one's worries and anxieties...  Look Forward to seeing more of your pics too  but even just a chat is a good reason  to pop in to see us ... 

Ha! Yes, it's a long name - I'm happy for you to call me Kerry though, that's my real name (Skullfunk was a band I used to be in, and the name has kind of stuck, at least online) :)

Ooh that’s easier for my typing abilities ...Kerry it is then ...    The past six months have certainly been testing haven’t they ....? I was thinking of starting a thread that would just involve us showing the views from our windows from home  to at least help us enjoy a different one  for those of us who have been shielding  lol 

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Ooh that’s easier for my typing abilities ...Kerry it is then ... ?    The past six months have certainly been testing haven’t they ....? I was thinking of starting a thread that would just involve us showing the views from our windows from home  to at least help us enjoy a different one  for those of us who have been shielding  lol 

I spend quite a bit of time on a guitar forum and they started a photo competition a while back, running on a month-by-month basis. We've had a couple of lockdown-related ones, it's been quite interesting :)

• Like 1

Just a quick update from me, as I said last time I went in for some work on 24th August. I had some embolisation of blood vessels leading to the tumour on 24th and then on the 25th August I had the op where they removed my T5 & T6 vertebrae. They were happy the T7 was intact so they left it in place. The cage is in from T4 to T8 and the rib they took out for access is inside the cage in the hope it will fuse to T4 & T7 for extra support. I was in HTU from Tuesday to Saturday then onto a ward where on Sunday the consultant said that much to his surprise there was no good reason to keep me in so I went home 2 days earlier than than anyone thought possible. I have now been home just over a week and the sensations have almost completely return to my legs and I now start the physio side of my recovery and try to walk without a walking stick to rebuild leg strength.

On the cancer side I side tablet treatment next week so have the fun and joys of that to look forward too.

hope everyone else is feeling healthier than me lol. now time for a cuppa

Wow Richard ...what  a gruelling  time you are having .. I can hardly believe you  were  well enough to go home after less than a week !! You must have the constitution of an Ox ! 

What a relief that must have been to get sensation back in your legs too after what must have seemed an age ... I can only imagine how  much that meant to you . The physiotherapy  may be  hard  but what a motivator  that must be  now ..I'm  sure you'll be getting masses of encouragement and support from Heather ... Hi  to you too Heather ...  pop in whenever you feel like a chat and a gossip  when you have a minute ...

Thanks for  keeping us up to date Rich... I  see you still have a sense of  dark humour despite  all this and   that is  inspiring ...  but  don't be  afraid  of  chatting to us even if and when you have those  dark  days and you just want  to  have a rant ...   I suspect most of us do feel better than  you do at the moment  and it is a stark reminder to us all  to  not take a lot of things for granted ..   Let us all know how your  Physio is  going   and if there is  anything  you'd like  to see   here on the forum that you  can participate  in   that will be helpful ...   I don't suppose  telling you a load of jokes is a good idea at the moment  though as i presume laughing is a bit painful sunshine ... ? 

• 1 month later...

Just thought I  would pop in with a hot chocolate  before I go and watch England playing Denmark in this new competition ... With no crowds   and piped cheering it does feel odd but then everything feels odd at the moment with this pandemic .. ANYWAY  ... I've been wondering how  you and Heather are doing Richard after your gruelling operation at the end of August . You were embarking on what seemed like  a great deal of physiotherapy when you last posted ...so I hope that is being productive for you . 

x?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

no physiotherapy for me at the moment just gentle walking and lifting of more  than around 5kg. bars and cage are settling in well and I have another appointment  in 4 weeks time. attached is a picture of my latest x-ray

122373300_10158803939917463_8344832007969862131_n.jpg