Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Catch-up Cuppa for All members.... no matter how long you've been away

Clicker

Hi everyone ..

I am sending out  this message  below to all our members regardless of how long it is since they have been on the Forum ,  as a gesture to remind them    what a friendly  bunch we are and  to invite them to drop in again , here especially in the Latte Lounge,  where  there is no need to  post photographs . 

Hello  to all our members ... As the Corona Virus  Covid 19 seems to be impacting on everyone's life across the Globe, I thought  I would just invite you  log on to TIPF   especially if you haven't been in the Forum  for a while  as it seems it could be a really useful and safe place to meet up and have a chat and renew old acquaintances. As some of us may be in quarantine and others self  isolating in order to both   protect others and  ourselves   this  can be an ideal place to  meet up and have a cyber cuppa together  and catch up on each other's news  etc . 

Being in quarantine or self isolation  can  be a lonely place especially if you live alone and   the Internet and  Forums like  this can be  incredibly important and beneficial in terms  of the role they can play in preventing  isolation turning into loneliness.  When  people isolate themselves because they may have a temperature and / or a dry cough, they do it  to protect others, as well as their own families and loved ones,  from possible infection ... I hope that in some small way we can all  repay that  responsible gesture to the global community  by engaging and catching up with members who may now be in that position or that we that we may not have had communication with for a while, without  them feeling the need to be posting photographs in order to  join in on the Forum .... so if you haven't been here for a while, whether it's been for 6 months of 6 years, why not logon and  have a Catch-up Cuppa  in The Latte Lounge  and some Tipfer Tattle  to tell us what you've been up to . We'd love to see you ... and our Catch-up Cuppa is free!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ryland ...  glad to hear you’ve gotten through 7 days of self isolation  and are ok to be back at work again ... I  suspect there are many people in similar positions  now ... and it’s one of the reasons I’ve started this thread just so anyone and every one can join in with any subject they want to talk about just as long as we don’t get overtly political over what is happening worldwide with this Coronavirus pandemic . I really would prefer for this place to be somewhere where problems related to quarantine and self isolation  can be addressed  with suggestions that some people have maybe found as solutions to some issues ,as well as a place where it will be ok to make one another smile and lift our spirits.  ?

We haven’t seen any pics lately of your dogs Ryland ...    I bet those beaches that are not far from your front door are an absolute boon if you ever have to self isolate again ... plenty of room there for social distancing as I recall ... I think maybe  you could do with a megaphone to  enable you to have a chat with other dog walkers who are doing the same thing eh ...Either that or we could all learn how to semaphore  

http://inter.scoutnet.org/semaphore/semaphore.html

• Like 1

Well I'm going to rant..........
While I have been out and about at customers the last couple of days I have heard wonderful stories of companies helping people to work from home and offering support.
My Sister who has really bad asthma her boss insisted she worked from home and fetched home her entire work station and set it up for her.

I got home tonight to an email from work saying reduced hours and salaries were being considered.......I have slogged my guts out for 20 years had no pay rise for the last 11 years and no time at all into a crisis its thanks for all your hard work...........PANIC!
The cynical conspiracist in me thinks this situation maybe being used as an excuse.

This Jack Daniels don't taste so sweet tonight but no worry I will be back slogging my guts out in the morning.

I have a friend in a similar position and can understand the anxiety all this is causing ... ... is your work such that it is impossible   to  work at all from home.. I mean eg if you are    in the building  trade ... obviously you can't work from home . <sodemoji.1f61f></sodemoji.1f61f>

Yes unfortunately impossible to work from home. Can't do anything about the situation it is what it is I'm just one of many minions in the chain and there are no doubt lots in the same boat.

I don't get the business side of things I just go to work and do my bit but it just made me angry tonight people are scared enough without that worry on top. I could rant more but I will save it for the boss in the morning if i don't calm down.

I only go to work to pay the bills, if I don't pay the bills I don't have to work for them. Is there some weird logic in that?

Maybe its time to check the three months of Lotto tickets that are shoved in my car glove box. 

• Haha 2

Corvid 19 is going to create some difficult situations for many of us, and my thoughts will be with those that are struggling.

Fortunately, because of our 'rural/remote' location, and because I'm retired, things aren't too bad here. All the exercise groups I went to have been temporarily cancelled for several weeks, because they were mostly held in public access places, and also because most of the participants were in  the vulnerable age group.

The worst thing happening in our rural area is that there are private bus trips being organised from places such as Bendigo, which has a far greater population, out to towns like ours and the riders are hitting the local stores.

I'm off out for a cuppa and a chat with two friends, in an 'out of the way' area this afternoon, and that will be my activity away from home for today.

Stay well everybody and do the best you can to cope with what's going on!

10 minutes ago, Kobione said:

The worst thing happening in our rural area is that there are private bus trips being organised from places such as Bendigo, which has a far greater population, out to towns like ours and the riders are hitting the local stores.

That is just so counter productive isn't it ...Lets spend time sitting on a bus together and not socially distancing to  protect  ourselves and others  and then go and risk taking  the virus  to a place that serves a smaller community ... I hope the local shopkeepers decide to serve only local people Dee .... sad to see behaviour like this ..

• Like 1

Look like The Suggestion Johntwo made about a weekly stay at home challenge will be up and running in the next few days .. Ryewolf is setting it up with a few  rules ...  obviously the pic  is not to be taken from archives..  He will put a link in the Quick links column, top of the page once he has set it up..

• Like 2

My wife Gillian has been on SSP for a month (knee problem) and will not be back at work for probably at least 2 more weeks. She is a housekeeper at a large hotel.

I work in a shop, and if they have to close, goodness knows what will happen with wages or employment.

If we both end up not being able to work - well, I can't imagine.

I don't know if the mortgage will be paid, how the gas and electricity will be paid, the phones and broadband. None of the companies that provide these things have said what we will have to do regards payments and usage.

We have no savings, so once wages go, presumably so do we. But to where and with what???

O h  dear Paul....  that is understandably such  worry...   There may be other members who  can advise especially if they are aware of someone  in  similar circumstances  ...  

Meanwhile  have you had a look at these websites ...There seems such a lot  to look at  .... I think there are mortgage  holidays and a host of grants , allowances  available to help business  keep employees  but it's such a lot going on ...it's hard to see the wood for the trees ... Thank God at least we can search online  for help...   

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-support-for-employees-benefit-claimants-and-businesses

https://www.cipd.co.uk/news-views/coronavirus/faqs

I'll see if I can  find out  any more  for you  ...

8 hours ago, Clicker said:

Well.... checking those tickets might be well  worth doing Si ... yer never know ....I mean someone has to win don't they ?.. How on earth do you  have the will power NOT to check them every week !!

I don't buy tickets regularly I tend to buy when its a roll over and I'm in a different area...........Then I like to reduce my odds of being the winner by not looking & if a prize goes unclaimed for a small moment it could be me.......then I check the area of the unclaimed prize that's the point I normally know I'm not the winner. It's more fun than just checking the numbers and being disappointed straight away........playing it this way I get a few weeks of excitement out of my £2 before being a loser. ?

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Clicker said:

That is just so counter productive isn't it ...Lets spend time sitting on a bus together and not socially distancing to  protect  ourselves and others  and then go and risk taking  the virus  to a place that serves a smaller community ... I hope the local shopkeepers decide to serve only local people Dee .... sad to see behaviour like this ..

One of the local supermarkets has bouncers in the door checking ID to co firm the customer is local. 

• Like 2

I'm just about to start my third day of working from home.  Fortunately I spend my days sitting at a computer crunching numbers so I can do that just as well from home as I can in the office.  It's a bit odd running a Windows virtual desktop on a MacBook though - anyone know how to do CRTL-ALT-DEL on a MacBook keyboard? 

Camera Club is cancelled for the foreseeable future, although we managed to run a virtual meeting last night via a Google Hangout that seemed to work quite well.

Lottery tickets?  Nah... never buy them.  It's just voluntary taxation.

• Haha 2

I work in a domestic violence service and have spent the last week in planning meetings to minimise the risk to our staff and our clients. No face-to-face contact with clients means cancelling all group work and moving to online or phone-based work.
I’ve had a few teleconferences with other services who were making decisions about how to deliver crisis services in this environment.
Interestingly, some of the female clients I’ve talked with are taking a very philosophical view ie. What they’ve experienced has given them a resilience that is helping them face the challenges of the pandemic. Others feel that, at least, this is a collective experience, unlike the isolating experience of violence. 

• Like 2

Been working from home since Tuesday lunchtime, still mostly just getting stuff set up on my PC, rather than a rather long tunnel into my desktop PC in the office.  I work in space physics and instrumentation, it's mostly number crunching.

BTW: this may be of interest: https://emulsive.org/articles/darkroom/wet-plate/making-virus-a-tintype-stop-motion-animation

• Like 1

Where do I start..?

Due to 'Health & Safety'  us lowly third rate citizens, or low life scum (Lorry Drivers) We have to hand our truck keys in so the vehicle cannot be driven off of the rear loading bay accidentally, all well and good, I have no problem with that, it safeguards the workers who are entering the trailers with forklift trucks loading or unloading the goods. While this is being undertaken, we then have to sit in a 'drivers waiting room' while we are being unloaded at large warehouses or distribution centres for Supermarkets.

This 'drivers room' is usually nothing more than an undecorated, uncleaned interior room or a portakabin type building outside.  Sometimes they have the luxury of an uncleaned toilet and an equally unclean coffee machine that will dispence warm cups of liquid that would never resemble coffee except for the colour. Sometime we are required to stay in this room for up to two or more hours......and in some cases longer, the longest time I spent on one of these bays is 9 hours and 15 minutes !

Now, with all that is going on now, and the sudden importance of us drivers being elevated from low life scum to 'Key food supply chain personnel' does not seem to have made a difference ! Drivers, and some of those are foreign chaps who are 'trampers' (drivers who travel about from country to country collecting and delivering food chain or automotive parts or indeed any freight whatsover) are all cooped up in the same room in close proximity to each other and could easily spread the disease if they, or even just one, was carrying it. Therefore spreading it to other drivers who will go to other warehouses and infect even more drivers there.

So, pretty soon, nearly all lorry drivers will be carrying and spreading the virus, then there will be no one to drive the lorries causing even more shortages !

Blokes like me, who can spend nearly all week away, AND stay clean and so far virus free in our trucks . But,  pointy shoed managerial idiots who make up these'health & safety rules need to realise this. By all means take the keys off the driver  for safety reasons,  BUT let him stay in his nice clean truck cab,( which to anyone who has not seen inside a modern long haul truck, we are quite well equipped with fridges, freezers kettles, microwaves, central heating and air conditioning and nice comfy clean beds where we can keep ourselves isolated and safe and keep on delivering the goods that the nation needs for feeding itself, employment and trade.

Thats it, rant over :) I know where I would rather be while waiting to unload.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=36Tz38nxFKI

• Sad 1

Well  James  that was just fascinating .... I loved the fact that  he almost seems to be dancing to the soundtrack in the  "movie"  I've watched it 3 times so far ... amazing stuff and  topical ! 

It's good to rant Denis... and this looks like a place that people are letting off steam so hopefully that at least will keep the blood pressure down a bit ... ...  in the present crisis that needs to change ... cant see the logic for not being allowed to stay in your cab though ... I hope you are bringing it to someone's attention ... ...an email to a national paper should get some attention maybe ...or  the BBC  news website  usually has the facility  to email them ...

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Denis said:

Where do I start..?

Due to 'Health & Safety'  us lowly third rate citizens, or low life scum (Lorry Drivers) We have to hand our truck keys in so the vehicle cannot be driven off of the rear loading bay accidentally, all well and good, I have no problem with that, it safeguards the workers who are entering the trailers with forklift trucks loading or unloading the goods. While this is being undertaken, we then have to sit in a 'drivers waiting room' while we are being unloaded at large warehouses or distribution centres for Supermarkets.

This 'drivers room' is usually nothing more than an undecorated, uncleaned interior room or a portakabin type building outside.  Sometimes they have the luxury of an uncleaned toilet and an equally unclean coffee machine that will dispence warm cups of liquid that would never resemble coffee except for the colour. Sometime we are required to stay in this room for up to two or more hours......and in some cases longer, the longest time I spent on one of these bays is 9 hours and 15 minutes !

Now, with all that is going on now, and the sudden importance of us drivers being elevated from low life scum to 'Key food supply chain personnel' does not seem to have made a difference ! Drivers, and some of those are foreign chaps who are 'trampers' (drivers who travel about from country to country collecting and delivering food chain or automotive parts or indeed any freight whatsover) are all cooped up in the same room in close proximity to each other and could easily spread the disease if they, or even just one, was carrying it. Therefore spreading it to other drivers who will go to other warehouses and infect even more drivers there.

So, pretty soon, nearly all lorry drivers will be carrying and spreading the virus, then there will be no one to drive the lorries causing even more shortages !

Blokes like me, who can spend nearly all week away, AND stay clean and so far virus free in our trucks . But,  pointy shoed managerial idiots who make up these'health & safety rules need to realise this. By all means take the keys off the driver  for safety reasons,  BUT let him stay in his nice clean truck cab,( which to anyone who has not seen inside a modern long haul truck, we are quite well equipped with fridges, freezers kettles, microwaves, central heating and air conditioning and nice comfy clean beds where we can keep ourselves isolated and safe and keep on delivering the goods that the nation needs for feeding itself, employment and trade.

Thats it, rant over :) I know where I would rather be while waiting to unload.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=36Tz38nxFKI

How frustrating for you, Denis. I agree with Polly. I’m hoping you can bring this to the attention of someone who has the ability to think rationally about the risks and the power to change it. No trade union? Excuse my ignorance. 

• Thanks 1

well my first day back to work yesterday turned into a nightmare..went home dinnertime to let the dogs out and one of them collapsed in front of me  ..so i rushed her to the vets brought the others too as i had an appointment later that day ..blood tests have ruled out anything good all thats left is the bad stuff and i got to wait till next week for the results..but the vet examined my oldest dog    it was time ...he passed away in my arms knowing he was loved ...me and the other 2 dogs are lost without him ....JJ it was an honor to be your dad

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Sad 2

Oh Ryland .... my heartfelt condolences to you .. what a rotten awful day ... so many on here will empathise with your deep sadness ... We are always likely to outlive our beloved pets and we have to eventually take solace in the knowledge that we have given them everything to make their lives as rich and enjoyable as we possibly can ... and even though the pain can feel overwhelming and we may swear never to put ourselves in the position again of having to grieve the loss of a loyal companion, one  must remember that the joy that you have  given each other  will eventually  outweigh the sadness  you are feeling today ... though I know it won’t feel like that right now ... Thanks for sharing those lovely photos of your much loved pet .

Fingers crossed for the others and their results too .

• Like 3