Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

One problem solved.

JohnP

I am sorry for my absence again, things have been getting on top of me lately. At least one thing has hopely been sorted today, I've had surgery to repair my long standing Inguinal Hernia. I arrived at Hereford County Hospital at 7.30am and arrived back home at 2pm, the journey to and from Hereford (15 miles each way) was pretty eventful what with the heavy rain and standing water. We were lucky the car kept going and didn't stall in a great pool of water, I heard on local radio the the Hereford to Ledbury road was closed in three places at about 4pm so I was lucky to get home so early.
  • Like 3

Yeah .. good news that you’ve had the surgery ... And you got  home the same day !  Was it keyhole surgery John ... ? Hopefully your recovery  will help to raise your spirits now that  the waiting is over ...  our sound health really is the greatest gift we can have  .. Good to see you back JohnP .... ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Clicker said:

Yeah .. good news that you’ve had the surgery ... And you got  home the same day !  Was it keyhole surgery John ... ? Hopefully your recovery  will help to raise your spirits now that  the waiting is over ...  our sound health really is the greatest gift we can have  .. Good to see you back JohnP ....

Thank you Polly! 

It was open surgery so full recovery will be longer.

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

Thank you Polly! 

It was open surgery so full recovery will be longer.

Well that’s amazing ... sending you home the same day.  Is that after a general anaesthetic?     They don’t let you stay long in  hospital  nowadays do they ... though one usually prefers to f get home in these circumstances ...just make sure you don’t overdo things John ..How long do you expect it to be  before you  can be able  to feel you have fully recovered from the effects of surgery then ?

• Like 1

Did you consider trying those magnetic bracelets by the way  that we discussed a few weeks ago . I bought two more stronger ones made from titanium with ceramic capped magnets after we spoke about it from magnets4health and am very pleased with them. 

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Well that’s amazing ... sending you home the same day.  Is that after a general anaesthetic?     They don’t let you stay long in  hospital  nowadays do they ... though one usually prefers to f get home in these circumstances ...just make sure you don’t overdo things John ..How long do you expect it to be  before you  can be able  to feel you have fully recovered from the effects of surgery then ?

Polly,

Yes I had a general anaesthetic, in the 1960 1970 & 1980's I had quite a few general anaesthics and they knocked me for six. I was sick for two days and I couldn't pass water... I wanted to die! The anaesthic I was given yesterday had no such effect, when I was coming around before opening my eyes I heard a voice calling my name, when I did open my eyes I saw a lovely nurse looking down at me and I asked her if she was an angel... :angel:

Once I was able to sit up my thoughts turned to my past experience with my waterworks so I asked the nurse for a water bottle and to my relief I managed to go with no trouble, when the nurse collected the bottle she said that's a lot...

I've hardly got any pain and I was even able to walk to the hospital car park to my lift home. I won't be lifting any heavy objects for 6 weeks and I will be able to drive as soon as I can do an emergency stop, I will give it a week and then start practicing in my stationary car on my drive.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Did you consider trying those magnetic bracelets by the way  that we discussed a few weeks ago . I bought two more stronger ones made from titanium with ceramic capped magnets after we spoke about it from magnets4health and am very pleased with them. 

I haven't got around to it yet, maybe later. However the tumeric seems to be helping.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 1

At least you won’t be risking getting caught in any of the flood water for a few days at least until you are happy about driving again ... it’s been dreadful hasn’t it ... thank Goodness I am a couple of miles from the Severn and the Teme... Tenbury has copped it again big time

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your health probs John, hopefully the weather will improve, thats always good way to lift peoples spirits up for a start! but I think it's going to take a while for the country to dry up..especially down your neck of the woods !

I had some very weird stuff going on following my triple bypass, a collapsed lung during surgery didnt help either, that was only the second time in my life when I have had a general anaesthetic.You did well to get to the car unaided, way to go ! :)

• Like 1

Thank you Denis!

I am doing so well, it's only seven days since the surgery and I can easily bend over and touch my toes, I had my first drive this morning... only a short trip to Aldi but I would have no trouble driving much further. I hope the weather bucks up soon and the flood water drains away, I am hoping to get out soon and look for the first butterflies. I photographed a Comma Butterfly on February 26th last year.

• Like 1