Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sorry!

JohnP

Hello,

I'm sorry for my absence of late, I'm not very active in the photography department in the winter... I hate winter!

I am trying to get a number of jobs finished at home as I will be having surgery on a Inguinal Hernia on 16th February, obviously I will be limited in what I can do for a few weeks.

I have been selling most of my DSLR gear on eBay, all I have kept is my Canon EOS 60D camera and a 18-135mm lens. I have sold four lenses, a Sigma macro flash, Kenco extension tubes and a Canon EOS 400D camera body. I got almost £1100.00 which more than paid for my Panasonic FZ2000... I love that camera!

I will try and post something in due course.

Edited by JohnP
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, johntwo said:

Value your op John.  For the most part at our local, due to the lack of resources, Tea and Sympathy is the first line of treatment more often than not.  Hope all goes well.

I know what you mean John! 

I saw my GP in September 2018... I didn't get a pre-op assement until April 3rd 2019. Because more than twelve weeks have now passed since then I had to have another pre-op assessment last Friday, I was given a date for the surgery of the 9th February which has now been changed to 16th February.

That must be so frustrating John ... shows us the downside of our NHS system ... then the opposite can occur as for me .  I had an eye test and referral for a cataract operation on the 7th January, a phone call the next day for a pre op assessment on 13th and had the operation on 26th January a week ago today  !   I could have had it on the 16th but  I’d booked a week in Tenby ! No one was more surprised than me at the speed it all happened . I go back in two days before a check up and to book in for the other eye in the next month  ..  

Fingers crossed that you don’t get any more postponements JohnP ..  ? 

• Like 1

Thank you Polly!

I hope your second Op goes as well as the first.

I also need bunion surgery but I can't face that to be honest, I have recently started taking Tumeric capsules and I swear the pain is reducing a little now.

I use that spice in my home made Squash and sweet potato soup that I have nearly everyday for lunch John P ... I also wear a magnetic bracelet that works for me with arthritis ... in fact  I  swear by it now as my joints suffer within days if I remove it ...  worth a try maybe ... ???? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Clicker said:

I use that spice in my home made Squash and sweet potato soup that I have nearly everyday for lunch John P ... I also wear a magnetic bracelet that works for me with arthritis ... in fact  I  swear by it now as my joints suffer within days if I remove it ...  worth a try maybe ... ???? 

What brand/make bracelet?

I use Magnets 4health John  and I have  3 .. One silicone one I  wear when gardening or doing housework , washing the car etc  and the other  two  are titanium with double rows of capped magnets as I am allergic to other metals. I wear on on each wrist normally as each side affects different parts of the body ...... of course  you can't wear them if you have a pacemaker  etc  so read the blurb first .....

https://www.magnets4health.co.uk/titanium/c1

I have 83 year old friends who have worn them for 30 years ... and they still plays golf 4 times a week !

• Like 1