Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Going to be more active this year

I registered on here a few months ago, posted a thread, got some very kind comments and advice, and then haven't been seen again since! I spent a bit of my Christmas bonus on getting a couple of lenses for my camera and the guitar forum I use a lot has started a monthly photo challenge so I'm getting out and shooting more.

I've posted a couple of new threads today, looking forward to being a more active member of the forum!

• Like 2

I think one or two of us on the forum have lost a little of the photographic passion over the last few weeks.

There's a new weekly challenge on its way, so maybe that will encourage you to put the new lenses to good use.

Welcome back. BTW.

Korky

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2020 at 23:42, Clicker said:

Well I am pleased to hear your new year resolution  Sfk ...( Takes far too long to type your whole name ...

I guess genre-wise I'm more into scenery, architecture and landscapes... and my guitars, obviously! :)   I like macro photography too but I need to get a lens or an adaptor to do that with my camera... for now I have to use my phone for that. What I usually do is find something that pleases me visually, and then take a shedload of photos of it in the hope that one or two of them will turn out alright!

• Haha 1

Well it' s grand to have you back on here... Sadly  we  lost one of the stalwarts of this forum a couple of weeks ago ... Korky, who  posted earlier on your thread,

There is a tribute to him  if you missed it if you follow the link  ....    http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/38357-with-a-heavy-heart/ 

The Landscape around me is decidedly wet at the moment with flooding from The  Severn  making travelling  pretty difficult in certain areas but I am thankful that I live on a hill  a couple  of miles from the  Severn ... I hope Essex is  not quite as damp  and we might see some of your pics soon too .. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/02/2020 at 17:56, skullfunkerry said:

What I usually do is find something that pleases me visually, and then take a shedload of photos of it in the hope that one or two of them will turn out alright!

My philosphy exactly, I'm not naturally arty some things please the eye (to me) and thats that! :)

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Denis said:

My philosphy exactly, I'm not naturally arty some things please the eye (to me) and thats that! :)

I still like your shot from the TIPF day out in York of Phil, Korky, BP and Myself in the tunnel going to the York Railway Museum....

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I still like your shot from the TIPF day out in York of Phil, Korky, BP and Myself in the tunnel going to the York Railway Museum....

That wasn't art Geoff.... it was a numbskull who couldnt set his camera up properly!  :)

• Haha 3
  • 5 months later...

Well it’s September and I guess technically I have been more active this year, but still haven’t posted as much as I’d originally intended.

I had to downgrade my camera gear, as I needed to pay some bills... the X-T20 and associated lenses all went, and I replaced it with a Panasonic FZ82. I was pretty disappointed with it at first to be honest, but since then I’ve got more used to it and I have to say I’m really impressed with it. The zoom in particular is amazing - I’ve taken so many photos of the moon, it’s crazy!

• 6 months later...
On 06/09/2020 at 21:56, Clicker said:

Panasonic do some very good bridge cameras ... I have the FZ 1000 that I use sometimes and I know JohnP swapped all his gear for an FZ2000 that he loves .   Really  good to see you back Sfk ... 

I still haven't been out as much as I'd like to: work has been really busy so getting out to do any sunset shooting has been tricky, and although I've intended to get to East Beach for a sunrise I just can't get myself out of bed!

I found a couple of limitations with the FZ82; minimum shutter speed is only 4 seconds and I've been wanting to try some long exposure stuff... also I really hate using buttons for manual focus!

Based mainly on @JohnP's amazing photos and high praise, I've treated myself to an FZ2000 from eBay. Looking forward to receiving it, and hoping to get out and use it... I'm definitely going to try and be more active *this* year, ha! :)

• Like 1

Well I am looking forward to seeing the results when you get it then ...    JohnP is certainly a big fan of that model  camera ...  and it I have to admit my earlier version the FZ1000  is a  really versatile bridge camera when you are limited to the amount of equipment you want to lug around etc ...   so set the alarm and get some of those sunrise images whilst you’re doing that daily exercise routine that lockdown allows !!!  You can do it ... lol  !

• Like 1