Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sweets an' Booze an' Ho-Ho-Ho!

Korky

A stall-holder I came across during a bimble around the Funchal Christmas lights at the beginning of December. I think he was a tad disgruntled because the other stalls seemed to be doing a rare old trade.

Korky

Sweets an' Booze an' Ho-Ho-Ho!

Sweets and Booze.jpg

I took this photo without permission and I've posted it on a public forum also without permission. I feel it isn't fair for anyone to take the p*ss just for the sake of it.

Please just comment on the photograph rather than poke fun at the subject.

Thanks!

Korky

Hi, Korky...

You don’t need permission for public Street Photography, you can shoot anything and anyone you like, in a public place.

You only require a model release, if you use the photograph for commercial purposes or for advertising...... 

Street Photography a recognised Art Form, including millions of studies like yours here.

Please take a few moments to Google the subject.....among my favourites  is Vivien Maier ...

Candid shots of people are the life-blood of the Art.

Golden rules are that you never exploit venerable subjects such as the homeless or disabled...... try Googling controversial and famous contemporary  Street Photographer...Martin Parr 

Here I include one of mine taken in very similar circumstances, on a Street Shoot in Brighton, I shot similar subjects as part of our Stratford-Upon-Avon day out.

FUJI

7A48F7BF-D4C2-4322-98D6-B6599AA856EB.jpeg

Thanks, Fuji, very informative, but that's not really what I was getting at.

What I meant to say was that it feels wrong to me to take someone's photograph, post it on a public forum and then allow derogatory comments to be made by forum members. It's something I've felt strongly about for quite a while and something I feel shouldn't be allowed onTIPF. Let's leave it for social media.

The photo you've posted above is just brilliant BTW.

Korky

Hi, Korky...

You don’t need permission for public Street Photography, you can shoot anything and anyone you like, in a public place.

You only require a model release, if you use the photograph for commercial purposes or advertising...... 

Street Photography a recognised Art Form, including millions of studies like yours here.

Please take a few moments to Google the subjects.....among my favourites  is Vivien Maier 

Cheers, I appreciate that....

‘But, I don’t see any derogatory comments, just a little banter which is the norm here.....

If someone sits with a face like they’ve swallowed a lemon.... they are a fair target for my lens.... 

13 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hi, Korky...

You only require a model release, if you use the photograph for commercial purposes or advertising...... 

Please take a few moments to Google the subjects.....among my favourites  is Vivien Maier 

Cheers, I appreciate that....

‘But, I don’t see any derogatory comments, just a little banter which is the norm here.....

If someone sits with a face like they’ve swallowed a lemon.... they are a fair target for my lens.... 

Fuji, you are quoting English Law.  It can be very different on the continent under Roman Law.  In places like France and I suspect Spain, there are for instance, Laws of Privacy that we don't have here.  I'm not sure how street photography is treated in Spain but I do recall that photographing individuals requires their specific prior consent and children are a no no.  Also, you need to be careful of your definition of a public place.  Even in England, it means a place in public ownership not just a place where the public are found.  So shopping centres and after privatisation, even railway stations are not public places and you need permission.

Archived