Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tintern Abbey

Stravinsky

2 hours ago, colinb said:

It looks a little unnatural to me,  I'm assuming the sky added afterwards? :35_thinking:

I was thinking the same! The sky looks like it came from a landscape shot and not from a overhead shot.

On the other hand I might be wrong.

16 hours ago, Clicker said:

What a fantastic viewpoint you have achieved there Strav...  either you were flat on your back  or your camera has  an articulated screen..  what lens did you use .?  

It was 24-105 IS  L

9 hours ago, colinb said:

It looks a little unnatural to me,  I'm assuming the sky added afterwards? :35_thinking:

Well ... surprisingly you're the first person to say that (it's been on a few social media photographic groups).  When taking shots like this its really difficult with contrast, especially when you have a very bright completely grey sky.  When you replace a sky then it's down to selecting one that is best suited to the rest of the image. On this occasion it's the closest I could get without replacing it with yet another grey sky.   I don't use borrowed sky images so all I have is what Ive taken over the years when I lived in Spain  ... because then it was often having to replace a completely blue sky with something with clouds.  Of the ones I've replaced, this is probably one of the few that I haven't been 100% happy with, but trust me it was better than the original 

14 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

Well ... surprisingly you're the first person to say that (it's been on a few social media photographic groups). 

People don't often make negative comments of the likes of FB in case of getting into an argument.

IWhen taking shots like this its really difficult with contrast, especially when you have a very bright completely grey sky.  

You'll find it a lot easier if you don't meter for a sky thats not there just spot meter on the building. If you are shooting in Raw you can pull the highlights/sky back when you process the image.

IWhen you replace a sky then it's down to selecting one that is best suited to the rest of the image. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with replacing a grey sky to make an image more attractive but I think learning how to blend two or more images/layers is important. After all if you don't have a suitable sky on file, just pop outside your door :-)

10 hours ago, colinb said:

People don't often make negative comments of the likes of FB in case of getting into an argument.

You'll find it a lot easier if you don't meter for a sky thats not there just spot meter on the building. If you are shooting in Raw you can pull the highlights/sky back when you process the image.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with replacing a grey sky to make an image more attractive but I think learning how to blend two or more images/layers is important. After all if you don't have a suitable sky on file, just pop outside your door <sodemoji.1f642></sodemoji.1f642>

Yep, Ive been replacing sky reasonably successfully for years and most often it's fine .... as I said ... I had nothing really suitable and as you know with the weather as it is, popping outside the door wont achieve much.  One of the pictures in the New York set recently is a replacement <sodemoji.1f609><sodemoji.1f600> </sodemoji.1f600></sodemoji.1f609>

The FB pages I'm on .... theres no fear of making a comment because of getting into an argument 

Archived