Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tornado 60163

colinb

10 hours ago, johntwo said:

Three nice shots Colin.  I like the energy depicted by the exhaust steam in the first in particular.  Tornado does get about a bit as a relative youngster.  Where was this?

5 hours ago, Clicker said:

Looks a  bit like a Lincolnshire   backdrop ...flat !

You must be very patient ....looks like it was a cold day ...  worth it though...

Not the flatest part but yes its in Lincolnshire on the main line between Sleaford and Lincoln about 12 mins from my home. not too cold Polly but blooming' windy especially when you are trying to hold a 600mm lens steady. In the picture below the train is about a mile away and if you look carefully you can see a hill - ok a slight incline but...

Tornado D.jpg

21 hours ago, Clicker said:

600mm ... wow that is a long way away ...to get the number too ...  I'd have to spend a few months down  the Gym to be able to carry that lens about ....

Polly carrying this lens around saves you going to the gym :-) 

Clear but cold (for max steam) with the engine working hard up an incline makes for the most interesting captures.  Must admit though, that I have never used anything longer than a 200mm tele but the compression produced by the focal length in the first image is what makes it for me as much as anything.

13 hours ago, johntwo said:

the compression produced by the focal length in the first image is what makes it for me as much as anything.

Me too John. I often use both my 300 and 600mm lenses just for that reason, although shooting things like flowers with a 600mm can get you funny looks.

Archived