Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

CMunzel

Garaged

Definite MOT failure!
Great shot, Cheryl - perhaps suitable for a monochrome conversion?

• Thanks 1

An interesting study, it's almost monochrome as it is.... It would be interesting to see what the car looked like if it was restored...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hatter said:

Definite MOT failure!
Great shot, Cheryl - perhaps suitable for a monochrome conversion?

Thanks Gareth. What do you mean by “definite MOT failure”? What’s is MOT?

3 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Thanks Gareth. What do you mean by “definite MOT failure”? What’s is MOT?

I did wonder if that would make sense to you when I typed it. 

In the UK we need to get an annual test / certificate to prove a car is safe to drive in order to be allowed to use it on the roads. 

That certificate is issued on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and generally just referred to as an "MOT". 

5 hours ago, Hatter said:

I did wonder if that would make sense to you when I typed it. 

In the UK we need to get an annual test / certificate to prove a car is safe to drive in order to be allowed to use it on the roads. 

That certificate is issued on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and generally just referred to as an "MOT". 

Ahh, thanks Gareth. We call that a Road Worthy Certificate (RWC). Yes, a definite fail whatever we call it.

A touch up here and there and a bit of work, that could become someone's pride and joy. 😅  Is that its destiny Cheryl?  Nice image.  The light was just right for the shot.

2 hours ago, johntwo said:

A touch up here and there and a bit of work, that could become someone's pride and joy. 😅

Thank you for the comments, John. I believe it will be restored...., in the fullness of time. A Jowlett Javelin, apparently.. 

Ooh isn’t it funny what  thoughts an image triggers  and how differently our minds are wired ... my first thoughts weren’t about the possibility of restoring it .... my first thought were ....” Oooh   I could get a whole library of texture images from this  car !!!”   If it’s somewhere you can visit again I’d certainly have a go at that as I know you are into Texture overlays ...

On 28/11/2019 at 09:56, Clicker said:

Ooh isn’t it funny what  thoughts an image triggers  and how differently our minds are wired ... my first thoughts weren’t about the possibility of restoring it .... my first thought were ....” Oooh   I could get a whole library of texture images from this  car !!!”   If it’s somewhere you can visit again I’d certainly have a go at that as I know you are into Texture overlays ...

So true about how different minds respond to this photo with many thinking about restoration. I hadn’t thought about getting texture from it though, Polly. This vehicle is a long way from home but you have got me thinking about the many other unrestored vehicles sitting around my partner’s yard covered in rust, lichen, etc.  So many textures!

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Ohhh you lucky thing Cheryl ... I'd  be interested to see a selection.. it sounds ideal... :1311_thumbsup_tone2:I take pics of tree trunks,.concrete , paint peeling woodwork , rusty metal ,  Lichen , as you mentioned ,stonework, brickwork , fabric, hessian  pebbles   etc

All can be adjusted with any colour or converted to monotone to suit ...