Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

FUJI

STREET BONANZA

Last week produced the goods around town.

1:  CAUGHT .. Film Noir Filter

2: DO I REALLY NEED ONE? 

3: ONE FOR THE POT

4 ALL CHANGE     

5: SURROUNDED BY CHRISTMAS

CAUGHT film noir filter.jpg

DO I REALLY NEED ONE    mono .jpg

ONE FOR THE POT  mono .jpg

PAY HERE 2 mono .jpg

SURROUNDED BY CHRISTMAS    mono .jpg

• Like 3

Nice set Fuj.  The last one is l surreal.  1 and 4 are my pick though.  1 for the treatment and his expression and 4 just because it somehow appeals to me.

Edited by johntwo

Thank you John2,

I hadn’t realised that the guy with the phone had noticed my camera....I am very discreet, but a 90mm equivilant lens isn’t the best fir Street work.... but....I just live the results it is giving.

To explain  the ....PAY HERE .... scene.... Waitrose here gave become a little fed up with all day Parker’s taking advantage....so they have just switched to CCTV Reg no. Recognition, with, I think, a set 2 hr limit.... anything over can receive a whopping £70 ticket.

I happened  to be enjoying my Waitrose free coffee when the old signs were being taken down, then removed.

I must admit to waiting to see if that chap’s head would align with the centre of the Christmas wreath.....it did 🤓

FUJI

These are all really good.  My favourite is the guy outside the barbers.

6 hours ago, FUJI said:

To explain  the ....PAY HERE .... scene.... Waitrose here gave become a little fed up with all day Parker’s taking advantage....so they have just switched to CCTV Reg no. Recognition, with, I think, a set 2 hr limit.... anything over can receive a whopping £70 ticket.

In our Waitrose, they actually have a guy with a notebook (electronic not paper) who wanders round noting the numbers.

46 minutes ago, JamesT said:

In our Waitrose, they actually have a guy with a notebook (electronic not paper) who wanders round noting the numbers.

Yes! that used to be the way it was done here until Thursday..... but too many locals were paying their £1 then parking all day.... this way, anyone will get a generous 2 hrs to shop or visit anywhere else free....but go over that and it’s a £70 ticket.....

im just pleased that I haven’t driven for years now..... it’s only my knees that suffer, not my wallet.

FUJI

40 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Yes! that used to be the way it was done here until Thursday..... but too many locals were paying their £1 then parking all day.... this way, anyone will get a generous 2 hrs to shop or visit anywhere else free....but go over that and it’s a £70 ticket.....

That's how it works here, no fee just a time limit (90 mins here) and a hefty charge if you overstay. The Britannia Parking man just records numbers as he walks around the car park -- I think he also does Sainsbury's which is only about 5mins walk away.

Interesting set of images FUJI, the guy in the first image reminds me a bit of the director Peter Jackson....