Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Ryewolf

To Battle and the Shield Wall

Some more from the Heysham Viking Weekend in July this year....

vikings-1413.jpg

vikings-1435.jpg

vikings-1454.jpg

vikings-1510.jpg

vikings-1607.jpg

• Like 2

Nice conversions Geoff.  I really like 3, 4 and 5.  Perhaps worth a tighter crop of 4 and 5 to loose just a bit of the busy background but not so much as to lose the context.

Edited by johntwo

Interesting. The black and white conversion suits the topic. 

Thanks Cheryl, I did post some colour images from the Shield Wall a while back.

I’m curious about the men in your photos. We don’t have viking re-enactments in Australia that I’m aware of but the men look familiar: like a lot of men I know who ride old motor bikes: Harley Davidsons, mainly. Do they take off their chain mail and armour and ride off on their Harleys? 

2 hours ago, CMunzel said:

I’m curious about the men in your photos. We don’t have viking re-enactments in Australia that I’m aware of but the men look familiar: like a lot of men I know who ride old motor bikes: Harley Davidsons, mainly. Do they take off their chain mail and armour and ride off on their Harleys?

I think maybe Viking Re-enactments are probably probably restricted to areas were the Vikings settled areas, apparently beard growth was expected style for men... I didn't see many motorbikes in the area were the re-enactors were camped - as most had shields, swords, spears etc I think it would be difficult to transport them around by bike.....