Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Love these  Rye ...the first one  is  one  for the wall ..I know the effect can be randomly successful using intentional camera movement  but these work really well  as abstractions of Pendle Hill area  that you visit so often I imagine. The wispy undulation of that horizontal line in the #1 st image absolutely  key to why I love it . Super image !

• Like 1

Thanks Clicker, yes these were taken from Pendle Hill looking out towards Preston..... it's a good spot to take photographs as it's easy for me to get to...

Thanks Simon. Doing intentional camera movements can be very rewarding because you never know what you might end up with because I don't look through the viewfinder when I'm doing the movement

Very much a place on my to do list (which gets longer) fascinated by the history. But I must admit to being a little  bit worried about taking the wife in case she feels too much at home.

• Haha 2

Naughty Simon .... I hope she beats you with whatever sweeping implement comes to hand .. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sjr said:

Very much a place on my to do list (which gets longer) fascinated by the history.

If you ever decide to make a visit up here let me know, I don't mind taking you both on a guided tour.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryewolf said:

If you ever decide to make a visit up here let me know, I don't mind taking you both on a guided tour.....

Thank you I will definitely do that.

11 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Naughty Simon .... I hope she beats you with whatever sweeping implement comes to hand .. 

That would be quite painful to be hit over the head with a Dyson (other manufactures of vacuum cleaners are available)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sjr said:

That would be quite painful to be hit over the head with a Dyson

I have a proper wooden 'witches' broom she could borrow if that helps.....😆

• Haha 1

I think the ICM has worked well here.
The main point of a sunset image is the colours in the sky and this has kept those while removing all the distracting details.

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth, one of the things I like about doing these ICM shots is that you never know what you might get and different movements produce different images. Sometimes a left/right movement works or I will try up/down or just whip the camera around randomly - which hurts the wrist after a while. I normally set the camera to iso100 and f22 with -2/3rds ev using aperture priority and alter the focal length. It's worth giving it a go and playing around with, especially with dslrs as you're only using up space on the memory card.