Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Digital painting.....

Clicker

Well done you Polly....... I too have a go at digital Art.....the ....PROCREATE....app is my choice..... I also have and use a ...PASTELS ....app.

See my current...Berries...... study and you will see what the amazing....WATERLOGUE .... app does by itself..... a really excellent guide to potential techniques.

FUJI

I tend not to use the global filters much now Fooj as it's not the same as using individual brushes loaded with water paint .oil paint  acrylic paint  etc in photoshop   as  I use a wacom tablet and graphic stylus   it's feels  more akin to the real thing  of putting paint on paper  or canvas ..The waterlogue app has been around for quite a while now and in my experience  gives very little control over the end result and doesn't really work for me  I'm afraid ... But each to his own and it certainly  has it's place  .. Some images are painted  from scratch and some are painted using layers  over a photo as a template   and painted with various brushes and  paints on top .

This one was painted using the photo below  (which was otherwise just going in the bin ) as a guide and using an airbrush technique where you build up colour stroke after stroke and it lends itself to subtle gradation ... In photoshop I can  change the dynamics and shapes  of thousands of brushes and they can be changed to load paint after every stroke  or clean the brush after every stroke or to get thinner with each subsequent stroke ... the methods are exactly the same as when i paint in the real medium of paint and just as controllable .The background was an overlay that started off as a pic I took of some patchy concrete and then added some colour dabbing it with a watercolour smudge brush. ...  I hope this helps to explain a bit to those that re interested as to how I  get  to a finished article ...without boring the pants off you ...
:)

P1330915 ed1s.jpg.

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

I tend not to use the global filters much now Fooj as it's not the same as using individual brushes loaded with water paint .oil paint  acrylic paint  etc in photoshop   as  I use a wacom tablet and graphic stylus   it's feels  more akin to the real thing  of putting paint on paper  or canvas ..The waterlogue app has been around for quite a while now and in my experience  gives very little control over the end result and doesn't really work for me  I'm afraid ... But each to his own and it certainly  has it's place  .. Some images are painted  from scratch and some are painted using layers  over a photo as a template   and painted with various brushes and  paints on top .

This one was painted using the photo below  (which was otherwise just going in the bin ) as a guide and using an airbrush technique where you build up colour stroke after stroke and it lends itself to subtle gradation ... In photoshop I can  change the dynamics and shapes  of thousands of brushes and they can be changed to load paint after every stroke  or clean the brush after every stroke or to get thinner with each subsequent stroke ... the methods are exactly the same as when i paint in the real medium of paint and just as controllable .The background was an overlay that started off as a pic I took of some patchy concrete and then added some colour dabbing it with a watercolour smudge brush. ...  I hope this helps to explain a bit to those that re interested as to how I  get  to a finished article ...without boring the pants off you ...
:)

P1330915 ed1s.jpg.

Hi, Polly,

whooops! There has been a misunderstanding here ..... I only use the ...... Waterlogue app.....as a tool just to see if a chosen photograph might be suitable for creating a real water colour painting of. I just put my ...Berries ....photo  through it to please our Korky.

I use the amazing PROCREATE app on my iPad Pro to create completely original works of art for printing, and as practice....here are two samples done from life about three years ago.

I really should do more.

FUJI

DCB2E7A2-5956-4098-BE61-BF1E2ACBEDC7.jpeg

3D50EEF2-8DAF-4898-89CE-6D940451B2F5.jpeg

I  admire your have a go attitude to anything new that comes your way Fooj ... Not  everyone is like us  and  willing to try out new ways of doing things  especially if technology is involved so it's great to see how you encourage other senior citizens (I  say that respecfully    );) to give new methods a try as well as  still using  the old old traditional ways of showing  our creativity as we saw on your  post  in the Latte Lounge ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/18359-foojs-silverpoint-portraits-and-watercolour-paintings/

On 02/11/2019 at 17:44, Clicker said:

no cleaning and washing the brushes  when you've finished painting

I used to do a lot of water colour painting, I do remember one morning, after a night out on the beer, drinking the water I'd used to wash my brushes in instead of the clean water in a different glass.... So maybe another reason why digital is better....

Archived